The incumbent in this position is accountable for the development and implementation of store operational policies, and processes relative to automotive service. The Service Supervisor supports, organizes, directs, coaches and develops the Mechanical Customer Service Advisors (Mechanical CSA) and Service Technicians to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and revenue growth. Accountability not only includes service process development, monitoring and tracking, but also includes training and expense accountability for the service organization. The Service Supervisor assists the Auto Center Manager (ACM) in the daily operations of the Auto Center.
- Partners with the Auto Center Manager to attract, hire and on-board the Service Team as measured by appropriate performance scorecard, retention and new hire survey results.
- Develops performance of individuals and team, measured by appropriate productivity performance reports
- Focuses and invests time on customer facing activities and operational processes.
- Responsibility for scheduling all technicians to maximize profitability.
- Conversant with the Motorist Assurance Program (MAP) guidelines or communication standards with customers
- Able to respond to field communications in a timely manner with information to resolve the customer concern in a cost effective manner
- Meets and/or exceeds expense budgetary requirements
- Drives customer service results by instilling excellent communication skills within the Service Team
- Drives future revenue growth in the backshop by looking for new avenues to drive business, reduce damage, worker’s compensation and support corporate strategies
- Financial literacy and total Service P&L responsibility
- Knowledge of Operational processes and procedures
- Ensures associate has a safe work environment and maintains the safety of the technical equipment.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to drive change within their organization
o Verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses working knowledge of service organization operations and workflow scheduling
- Strong understanding of automotive service processes
- Working knowledge of evaluation strategies within training
- Ability to analyze information, identify root causes and develop/implement approved solutions.
- Experience in coaching and developing associates, preferably in a automotive service environment
- Proven ability to develop and mentor team members, lead, influence and achieve results.
- Possesses and demonstrates strong:
o Negotiation/influencing skills
o Business consulting skills
o Change management skills
- Builds and sustains productive working relationships with business partners and peers.
- Recognizes opportunities and takes action without waiting for specific direction.
- Serves as role model for the leadership principles within Sears
- Associate must have open availability based on the hours the Auto Center is open for business
Sears - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...