Job Title: DC 3 Selector - Grocery
Job Location: Elloree, SC
Responsible for assembling store merchandise orders using voice and/or paper label method. Must also assemble accurately and properly stack each order. Must accurately and safely select grocery product while maintaining production standards for the Distribution Center. Must handle each case with care to ensure each order will deliver damage free merchandise to retail locations. Must complete a 10-point daily inspection of equipment used. Ensure compliance with Food Lion standards in the areas of accuracy, safety and productivity. Ensure that store orders are selected and stacked properly to reduce and/or minimize damage. Utilize the Labor Management System by keying in and out on assignments for each order selected. Make sure labels are put on each case to ensure accuracy and that cases are identified with the correct store number. Identify each pallet with the correct store number and ensure orders are parked at the correct door for accurate store delivery. Report any damaged product to sanitation to be cleaned or re-boxed. Pull product from the front of the pallet so proper rotation of product is maintained. Observe, report and correct (when appropriate) all unsafe and unsanitary conditions that could cause associate and/or customer accidents. Adhere to all company guidelines, policies and standard practices.
This description is intended to outline the primary responsibilities, general nature and level of work being performed by associate assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and competencies.
• Ability to efficiently operate and follow instructions relating to use of the Time
clock and LMS clock.
• Ability to reach, stoop, bend, and lift up to and including 100 lbs.
• Ability to read and understand written and numeric product identifiers.
• Ability to utilize a computer based system issuing audible instructions and
requiring verbal commands as needed.
• Ability to work in a –5 degree to 90+ degree Fahrenheit environment
(temperature varies within each department) for long periods of time.
• Ability to meet production standards set by the company.
• Ability to complete training and become certified on a pallet jack.
Food Lion is a king among grocery chains in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions where it operates about 1,345 supermarkets under the Food...