Reports To : Senior Manager, Financial Aid Services
Office Location : Charles Town, WV
FLSA Status : Exempt
Date Posted : August 29, 2012
Date Closing : Open Until Filled
Synopsis of Role:
The Financial Aid Customer Service Manager is responsible for supervising the Financial Aid Customer Service Specialists and Senior Specialists, as well as providing financial aid support to students of American Military University (AMU) and American Public University (APU).
**This position requires engagement in student recruitment, admissions and/or financial aid activities, and therefore, is ineligible to receive certain types of incentive compensation.**
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Supervises Financial Aid Customer Service Specialists and Senior Specialists to include but not limited to reviewing and approving timesheets and time off requests, preparing performance appraisals, and managing the Customer Service Team work flow.
- Reports daily to senior management on progress of financial aid student processing.
- Reviews and processes various forms of financial aid including federal financial aid (Title IV), alternative loans, employer vouchers, and military tuition assistance.
- Assists students, education offices, and employers via telephone and e-mail regarding the financial aid application and award process, alternative loan options, and military educational benefits to include tuition assistance and veterans' assistance.
- Maintains communication with the virtual financial aid office (VFAO).
- Performs research on approval status of all financial aid types.
- Grants course access upon receipt of approved financial aid documentation.
- Provides suggestions on actions to senior management regarding processes and issues.
- Interacts with other departments to achieve daily goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Demonstrated positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Windows based applications, specifically Excel and Word.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution preferred OR minimum four years experience in student financial aid or accounting and finance.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications or other financial aid system software.
American Public University System - 19 months ago