Perform responsibilities to contact current and prospective Public, Academic and School Library customers within an assigned territory to sell books and services with the intent to promote Brodart Company in the Public and Academic and School Library markets. To develop an understanding of significant client problems, propose, describe and defend appropriate solutions in the form of value propositions.
This will require Brodart Co. product and industry knowledge, and successful sales techniques and professional selling skills. Significant overnight travel (up to 60%) is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Within an assigned territory, make site visit sales calls to Public, Academic and School libraries to contact key personnel to further relationships.
- Increase market share by calling on all levels of public, academic and School libraries in person, promoting Brodart’s books and services; conducting sales presentations to both groups and individuals; conduct on-line acquisition training as needed; present Brodart products and services as solutions to library needs and requirements.
- Call and/or email customers to set up appointments and follow-up on customer needs as necessary. Monitor email and voice mail on a daily basis.
- Allocate no more than 30% of time to office work to set appointments for the next 3-4 weeks; handle customer and home office follow-up; complete management reports and contact updating; organize files and communicate with sales management team.
- Attend assigned state territory conventions; sales and marketing meetings and national trade shows.
- Monitor and evaluate sales reports and trends monthly.
- Complete sales call reports on a weekly basis. Prepare territory plans, itineraries, forecasting and sales projections to management as requested.
- Resolve problems and present solutions for Public, Academic and School Library accounts or projects.
- Assist Bid Department in preparation of all bid responses.
- Monitor competitive products, services, pricing and industry trends.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Brodart’s products and services and how they can benefit the customer’s needs.
- Manage expenses to corporate budgets.
- Meet or exceed established sales quotas/goals within the assigned territory.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Brodart Co. is an EEO and ADA Employer
- 4 year College Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of outside sales experience with proven account management abilities and demonstrated sales success.
- Must possess excellent communication skills in both one-on-one and group situations.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel overnight 40-60% of the time including some weekends.
- Ability to establish a work environment at home.
- 2 years ago - save job