Position Title: Valet Attendant
Reports To: Supervisor/Manager/Operations Manager
Position Summary: Manages the flow of traffic and greets arriving and departing guests in a friendly and courteous manner. Greets visitors and provides customers information, enforce parking regulations, provides limited security, acts as customer service representative. Observes, verifies, and reports the parkers on the lot; counts and documents empty spaces at specific lot and or facility locations which may be conducted manually or with the use of a hand held device.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include be are not limited to:
Experience and or Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or GED preferred Customer Service and or Hospitality Experience preferred May work a variety of shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Retrieves and parks cars courteously, timely and safely.
- Observes assigned areas for any safety hazards or unauthorized tampering with or pilferage to parked vehicles and reports immediately any incidents or conditions to the supervisor or Security Shift Supervisor and maintains a professional environment.
- Attends to the parking booth to ensure the security of guests' vehicle keys.
- Expedites and controls the movement of guests' vehicles upon arrival or departure.
- Familiarizes self with hotel and assigned property's policies, special events and promotions to answer guest inquiries. Check for satisfaction with guest at the end of each interaction.
- Demonstrates a pleasant and enthusiastic demeanor at all times when providing information and assistance to guests, motorists and tourists.
- May oversee the parking of vehicles at various locations and or within a parking complex.
- May issue citations for parking violations; advises patrons of parking regulations.
- Performs minor maintenance or repair to equipment; assists with litter abatement in booth and immediate area.
- May key vehicle license plates in the hand held computer system in public parking facilities nightly.
Physical Requirements of Position:
Mental Requirements of Position
- Walks/sprints during shift to park and retrieve vehicles.
- Repetitive hand and arm movements needed to distribute tickets; finite hand movement needed to use car-counter. Hand and arm movements also required to pick up debris and keying license plates into a hand held device.
- May bend, stretch, squat regularly to perform job functions.
- Exposed to various weather conditions each day.
- Exposed to both vehicle noise and car exhaust fumes.
- May lift and carry 25-30 pounds.
Central Parking System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Requires ability to communicate verbally to provide customer service
- Attention to detail needed to ensure that cars have the proper hangtag or ticket.
- Calculates unpaid parking fees, without the help of a calculator or fee computer