In support of our mission and growing student population, Strayer University is seeking a highly motivated and focused individual to manage the admissions department as well as all associated new student recruitment, enrollment and operational activities. You will lead a team of Admissions Officers and administrative staff who motivate and support working adults to enroll in a degree program that will help
them achieve their educational and career goals.
Essential duties of the Admissions Manager:
Admissions Managers lead all aspects of student recruitment:
The successful Admissions Manager will possess:
- Manage admissions staff toward meeting established new student enrollment and conversion objectives.
- Ensure all new student inquiries and applications are accurately entered into the University’s Student Information System in a timely manner.
- Oversee the hiring and training of new Admissions Officers and administrative support staff.
- Ensure university admissions standards and ethical expectations are communicated to new employees and upheld at all times.
- Foster an environment of cooperation and teamwork among Admissions Officers and all campus departments.
- Enforce all policies relating to the acceptance and subsequent registration process of new students entering the University.
- Work with campus leadership team to schedule new student orientation and online orientation sessions as well as implement other campus directives.
- Actively participate in all aspects of the new student recruitment and enrollment process.
- Partner with other departments as necessary to finalize enrollment process, including the Business Office, Academics, and the University Registrar’s Office.
- Adhere to all University policies and procedures and federal, state, and accrediting agency rules with respect to recruitment.
If you are seeking a growing organization where you can use your talents to help others achieve their goals, come lead our professional admissions team. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including a 90% tuition discount and significant career growth opportunities.
- Exceptional communication, organization, leadership and computer skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years proven customer service, admissions or sales experience.
- Successful sales/management experience including the ability to motivate and lead a team in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- A commitment to business ethics and compliance with regulatory rules.
- A background in admissions or recruiting is highly preferred.
Strayer University - 2 years ago
Strayer University makes it possible to go back to school while holding down a job. Focusing on providing higher education programs for...