Under the direction of the Parts Manager, the Parts Counter Representative assists customers with solutions for their trucking needs and sells the appropriate parts to accomplish this task. The Parts Counter Representative is required to exhibit exceptional customer service and communication skills as well as have the ability to multi-task various aspects of the day to day activities of the Parts Department.
Hours for this position are 8:30 am – 6:00 pm, Tuesday thru Friday and 8:00 am - 12:00 pm on Saturdays.
· Greet customers at parts counter and provide information as well as obtain required parts to satisfy their needs.
· Assist outside salesmen to fill orders requested by customers or in preparing parts cost quotations.
· Receive customer orders by phone and answer inquiries relative to status of part orders using numerical parts records, location files, technical and product bulletins and catalogs.
· Handle customer return of truck parts and or truck service.
· Collect part orders and bill customers according to procedures.
· Assist in loading company vehicles if necessary.
· Help control and maintain inventory.
· Assist mechanics with acquiring parts to help shop run efficiently.
· Locate and secure parts from various vendors for shop jobs.
· Control cash drawer and bank deposit slips daily.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent and 1-2 years of related heavy duty truck or equipment experience preferred.
· Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Windows. Must possess demonstrated skills in c omputer generated business systems.
· Valid driver’s license required.
· Forklift Certification preferred or the willingness to obtain certification.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds required.
· Dependable and reliable attendance required.