Responsible for managing purchasing for projects (CAPEX and Engineering), managing Engineering and Industrial suppliers and services categories, and supporting the purchasing activity/process for the global Kaolin product
Responsible for driving optimization by making sure that all equipment needed for projects is delivered on time at the right performance level as well as optimizing the entire procurement process.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for defining, identifying and gathering all data related to the category/projects to formulate a purchasing plan
- Analyze target supply market to identify all possible suppliers and understand the market structure.
- Perform market analysis for supply and demand market including the global offer market, competition, evolution of market
- Define the policy for all project suppliers
- Develop and apply the purchasing guidelines to the markets.
- Select vendors, assesses vendor capabilities, develop and qualify alternate sources, manage and evaluate supplier performance, negotiate pricing and delivery.
- Build a Market Strategy for the category taking into consideration potential risks, potential constraints, and potential dangers and threats related to the purchasing/procurement decision.
- Organize system for the presentation of offers including defining suppliers to be interviewed, defining the request for information and quotation documents, an analyzing the offers of the suppliers
- Organize and manage the project negotiation process
- Coordinate/work with the Legal Department to write contracts
- Develop Action Plan to evaluate and improve Suppliers’ performance
- Build and manage supplier relationships
- Manage pre-qualification of suppliers (audit, RFI,…)
- Master contract development, purchasing terms revision
- Purchasing procedure development and implementation
- Work within time constraints, and provide solutions to save time of execution to the project team
- Ensure that orders are placed in accordance with negotiated contracts
- Set up the performance measurement and reporting
- Works closely with Engineering, process engineer, operational management, logistics, sales, finance
Skills and Attributes Requirements
- Strong interpersonal and persuasive skills required
- Excellent presentation and contract negotiation skills required
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to meet demanding deadlines
- Demonstrated poise and ease when interacting with all levels of the organization
- Financial acumen
- Analytical abilities
- Ability to effectively manage others (if required)
- Market analysis such as market trends and forecasting skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field
- 8 plus years’ experience, 3-5 of those years of experience in purchasing with progressive responsibilities, manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong computer skills required. Experience with access, excel, ERP,IFS experience, preferred
- Supervisory/management experience required
- Extensive travel required, at times in excess of 50%
- CPM certification and chemical purchasing experience strongly preferred
Sitting frequently up to 70% of work time. Standing and walking up to 30% of the time. Frequent travel required.
IMERYS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Imerys - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Imerys knows the ins and outs of mining rare resources. The company extracts and processes minerals into various industrial materials used...