PRIMARY TASKS & DUTIES:
Performs RAID/OS installations and burn-in testing. Performs moderately complex testing of failed hardware components.
- Loads a variety of software onto various server platforms and ensures compatibility of BIOS settings and system configuration.
-Installation of the latest drivers
- Utilizes configuration management software.
- Works with hardware engineering teams to ensure that there are no system compatibility issues.
- Keeps management informed of priorities and problems.
- Manages the organization and distribution of electronic and paper drawings, reports, parts lists, and specifications.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Assemble servers when needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes. Good time management, communication, decision making, presentation, human relations, and organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of configuration techniques and procedures.
- Demonstrates self-motivation and is self-disciplined.
- Demonstrates the ability to multi task, handling frequent interruptions and shifts in priority.
- Strong hardware and software knowledge, Familiar with the following:
-ATX; PCI; PCI-E; PCI-X; SATA; ATA; SAS; USB; GPU’s; RAID Controllers; HBA’s; NIC’s.
-DOS; Windows; BSD; Red Hat; Fedora; SUSE; Centos; Ubuntu; Debian; BIOS and RAID Configurations.
-Skillful wire management a plus; skilled with hand tools, power tools and soldering.
- Some heavy lifting may be required (up to 70LBS).
Education Minimum Requirements/Equivalent:
- High School Diploma or Technical degree.
- 1 years full time work experience in computer hardware assembly or support.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Light manufacturing environment. Exposure to hazards associated with manufacturing equipment and tools.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Low level of stress may occur. May require moderate lifting. Requires manual dexterity and ability to manipulate small objects.
ABOUT SILICON MECHANICS:
SILICON MECHANICS is a leading manufacturer of rackmount servers, storage, and high-performance computing clusters with one of the most comprehensive product offerings available. We work collaboratively with customers to create best-fit solutions at competitive prices. Our products are supported by the best warranty offerings available, and are backed by a team of Sales and Service Engineers dedicated to service and solutions excellence.
Please visit www.siliconmechanics.com for more information. You can also find us on Facebook
www.facebook.com/SiliconMechanics and Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/ExpertIncluded.
Silicon Mechanics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.