The University of Maryland, The Found Campus, currently has a Full-Time/Temporary position for an Intramural Sports & Facilities Specialist in the department of University Recreation & Fitness. The position is Non-Benefited .
** The schedule for this position will vary. Selected candidate should have the ability to work weekday with evenings and weekends. **
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of routine sports operations, sports program, and sports supervision duties. This individual will be afforded the opportunity for a practical experience and professional development in a comprehensive and progressive campus recreation department.
Under the supervision and direction of the Assistant Director and Coordinator for Sports Programs:
1. Assist with training, scheduling, and evaluating of intramural sports & facility part-time employees and students. Assist with in-service training of sports and equipment desk part-time employees.
2. Assist with the supervision of the day to day operations of the sports programs including but not limited to roster management, software account management, meeting coordination, event day administration, program assessments, and report preparation.
3. Assist with the on-site supervision of a 32,000 sq ft. facility and its programs.
4. Conduct bi-weekly meetings for intramural sport & facility employees.
5. Create and compile monthly census, participation, and equipment utilization reports.
6. Assist with planning and organizing of special events.
7. Provide coverage when part-time and student employees are unavailable to ensure the facility remains in operation.
8. Create measurable semester goals for the sports programs.
9. Assist in departmental risk management assessment programs and audits.
Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management, Recreation Administration, Exercise Sciences, Fitness Management, Kinesiology, Health Education, Management Sciences, Student Personnel Administration, Higher Education Administration, or closely related field.
Other: Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
§ Ability to apply basic analytical skills; to operate manual and automated office equipment, personal computers and spreadsheet software to input data; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to prepare and present working papers and supporting documentation.
· First Aid, CPR & AED Certified or willingness to obtain these certifications within the first month of employment
COMPENSATION: $16.08 per hour. This is a full-time temporary non-benefited position.
To be considered for this position, please forward your resume to: Sara Griggs at IMSport@umaryland.edu
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
University of Maryland, Baltimore - 2 years ago