- Create, administer, manage, monitor & maintain Oracle databases on a Solaris 10 platform
- Apply quarterly PSU/SPU/CPU and patchset and version upgrades.
- Develop and maintain shell scripts in Solaris 10 and RHEL environments. Work with engineering and other teams to fine tune the RDBMS and dependent applications.
- Set up, manage and monitor RMAN/NetBackup.
- Work with Oracle Support on unresolved issues
- Proactively and reactively manage space and capacity planning for the databases.
- Respond to incidents through 24x7 on call DBA rotation
- Work with Customer Support and other teams in Operations to resolve problems with application data.
- Develop and maintain ETL processes for data migration to downstream marts, summaries and archives
- Partner with Chief Security Officer (CSO) as required on statutory and contractual compliant application/client data management and maintaining separation of duties
Number of Years of Work Experience:
- 6-9 years’ experience as an Oracle Database Administrator
- Strong working knowledge:
- of Oracle 11.2.0 RDBMS
- SQL Server 2008 R2
- Mongo DB
- Working knowledge of Solaris 10, RHEL and shell scripting
- Commitment to 24X7 environment monitoring, metrics generation and logging, and on-call rotation schedule
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with HA solutions such as Oracle Advanced Replication, Streams and Physical Standby Database Management.
- Proven troubleshooting skills and ability to analyze and resolve problems by type and severity
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
We offer a competitive compensation package; including stock options, employee stock purchase plan, 401(k), full health and welfare benefits and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our fast growing track of continuing success. Nuance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on developing the most human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice to take command of information. Our people and our technology have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world, ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and intelligently with the world.
Nuance - 10 months ago
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Our...