Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains
POSITION: Prenatal Registered Dietician
RESPONSIBLE TO: Prenatal Services Manager
SUMMARY: The RD provides nutrition assessments and counseling to prenatal clients. Works with interdisciplinary team to provide input on clients’ nutritional status. This position is hourly, non-exempt. Hours and schedule may very based on clinic need.
QUALIFICATIONS: Registered Dietitian (RD) registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Experience working in prenatal nutrition. Must support the mission of Planned Parenthood. Ability to solicit sensitive information from clients regarding nutritional risk factors. Ability to initiate and follow through with client referrals, resources and nutritional counseling services. Ability to work within a team, and to know when to share information and defer to the judgment of other disciplines. Must have recognition and respect for diversity of cultures and heritages. Must be knowledgeable regarding the normal course of pregnancy as well as the behavioral, nutritional and psychosocial risks that contribute to low birth weight. Must have reliable transportation for home visits and speaking events. A valid driver’s license and state required insurance coverage. Great time management skills essential. Required to pass 10 Panel Drug/Alcohol Screens as per PPRM’s contract with HealthOne/Rose.
1. Knowledge of basic information regarding the normal course of pregnancy.
2. Perform comprehensive nutrition assessments and provide one-on-one counseling with client to set nutrition goals.
3. Knowledge of appropriate documentation methods; ability to write clear comprehensive meeting notes in a timely manner.
4. Actively participate in case conferencing by providing information to other team members regarding individual nutrition service plans, while lending guidance, experience and support to all team members on all nutritional related issues.
5. Assist the patient with basic community resources and network with outside providers to ensure individual needs and or concerns are met.
6. Facilitate and promote the sharing of information and services with WIC staff as well as additional community providers such as Medicaid in a positive manner.
7. Provide home visitation and outreach if requested by a client and/or viewed as beneficial.
8. Provide consultation and education to internal and external providers and quality assurance regarding the nutritional-related components of client records.
9. Collaborate with the Rose Diabetes Center and the Rose Medical staff assuring that the client gets the best possible care if diagnosed as a gestational diabetic.
10. Able to develop, supervise and or coordinate special projects as needed, while maintaining regular job responsibilities and duties.
11. Able to utilize and perform additional computer skills beyond Microsoft Office, including the Prenatal Plus billing system, statistical reporting or any quality assurance reporting needed for the team as requested by the hiring manager.
12. Seek new challenges; attend trainings, conferences and meetings to improve knowledge base and the program’s operational success.
13. Collaborate with team members to perform additional duties when short staffed.
14. Provide lactation support or referral to ensure individual needs or concerns are met.
15. Report necessary information to county social services department according to state regulations.
16. Participates in abortion services (participation can include referrals, information, education, counseling, performing, scheduling, etc.)
17. Perform any additional duties to ensure client satisfaction and promote health center success.
Drug test & background check required
PPRM is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Values Diversity in People & Ideas
Planned Parenthood - 10 months ago
Planned Parenthood is the leading reproductive health care provider, educator and advocate in the United States. For more than 90 years, the...