PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Nutrition Clerk assists patients in menu selections and has knowledge of modified diets. He/She communicates with patients, dietitians, nurses and members of the Food Service Staff. This person performs simple calculations and completes spreadsheets. They check assembling of patient trays to assure diet compliance and meal component accuracy. They are responsible for passing and tray pick-up, obtaining and delivering floor supplies and correctly putting away supplies and delivery of patient HS snacks. This position directly affects the patient experience and so will follow all department and hospital procedures and performance standards to assist Baptist Hospital in achieving their annual patient experience goal.
The person in this position works under general supervision, is responsible for various shifts, may be subject to over 40 hours per week and/or callback as required, and may also be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree required
- Food services experience preferred
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing and active listening skills and the ability to follow directions.
- Computer skills to include spreadsheets
- Must have excellent customer service.
- Good command of the English language and basic reading, writing and math skills are necessary.
Baptist Health Care
- 2 years ago - save job
Built in 1948, Baptist Hospital of East Tennessee, a 329-bed acute care full-service hospital, has become the premier facility for the...