OMV Medical, Inc., a recognized leader, has been providing medical staffing and management services for over a quarter of a century. OMV is always looking for dedicated individuals who share our values; flexibility, dependability and quality patient care. When you choose OMV Medical as your employer of choice, you can be confident that you are working with an organization that values you as an individual and understands your dreams, aspirations and wants to help you make your career goals real. Come partner with us!
Registered Nurse (RN – PACU)
Job Summary/ Description of Responsibility
The PACU RN will provide a scope of care which includes emphasis on evaluation, management, and education of patients undergoing Anesthesia (general or regional), Monitored Anesthesia Care (MAC) or Moderate Sedation that are in accordance with the Standards of Nursing care and the policies and procedures of the facility. The responsibilities will include but is not limited to assess nursing needs, formulate, and implement a plan of nursing care for each patient; collect, document, and evaluate patient data for a wide variety of adult patients with medical or surgical problems to include insertion, maintenance and discontinuation of NG tubes, foley catheters, and rectal tubes; administer prescribed medications and intravenous therapy; ensure that patients are properly informed and prepared for a wide variety of special tests and examinations; provide individualized health teaching for patients and their significant others throughout hospitalizations to ensure that transfer or discharge objectives can be achieved; maintain all required patient care records and report pertinent information to the medical officer and/or charge nurse as appropriate; Interpret and operate highly specialized equipment used for required patient care such as external fixators, JP drains, chest tubes, wound vacs, PCA pumps, epidural infusions, etc.
The PACU RN must:
OMV Medical offers its employees Competitive pay & benefits:
- Have successfully completed a Post-Anesthesia Care course/training program or is nationally certified as a Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse (CPAN).
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Nursing; or a diploma graduate in Nursing; or an associate degree in Nursing from an accredited university.
- Possess current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in one of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Posses and maintain a current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health care Providers, CPR & ACLS.
- Possess a minimum of two years experience as a Registered Nurse in a Post Anesthesia Care Unit and/or Intensive Care Unit within the last five years.
- Have knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders/conditions, diagnostic studies and treatments related to prevention, and detection of illnesses in adults.
- Be able to read, speak, write and understand the English Language fluently.
- Be available to work 8 to 12 hour shift rotations with some weekend requirements.
Competitive benefits include:
OMV Medical Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Accidental Death & Disability
- Critical Illness
- Paid holidays
- PTO Time
- HRA Option
- 24/7 on-call access
To apply, go to : omvmedical.applicantstack.com/x/openings.
For more information : please call the HR/Recruiting Department at 301-270-9212
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monster - 13 months ago