Amazon is seeking an experienced Technical Operations Engineer to oversee our global program driving construction of our data centers. If you have experience managing multiple large scale commercial construction projects with detailed technical specifications this may be the job for you. Our ideal candidate would have knowledge centering on large scale facility electrical and mechanical systems alongside an understanding of how to drive through the work of others to build and improve those facilities. Relevant experience should include directly managing a globally distributed team of construction project managers while interfacing with multiple levels of contractors and vendors. We strive to build world class facilities in record time while landing within specific operational boundaries. If you are up for a challenge ,can provide strategic direction, and lead teams through all aspects of Data Center construction from project inception through commissioning then send your resume now.
- Help lead a team of data center construction professionals as the build top notch data centers around the world. Establish strategic direction for the team while drive process improvement and standardization across multiple geographies.
- Own construction efforts at a programmatic level. Be accountable for owning schedule, scope, and budget outcomes for all efforts globally.
- Provide support for renovations and upgrades of existing facilities and equipment.
- Be responsible for gathering internal requirements and delivering solutions that satisfy customer's needs.
- Maintain end to end responsibility for facilities from requirements gathering, through construction to commissioning and operational handoff.
- Supervises and directs all aspects of construction both on and off of the job site.
- Demonstrate superior performance in resolving highly critical issues within matrix organization while maintaining rigorous adherence to project timelines and costs.
- Insures that all work is in compliance with city/county requirements and building codes.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers and manufacturers. Participate in selection of Suppliers for critical plant components while insuring that deliverables maintain the highest level of quality within agreed to pricing parameters.
- Maintain Safe and Secure work sites in alignment with identified AWS global policies.
- Maintain clear and accurate records relating to the funding, schedules, and approvals required for projects to proceed.
· 10 years’ experience in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering; Construction Management.
· Demonstrated Experience managing large scale commercial construction efforts.
· Experience managing multiple teams and overseeing simultaneous construction.
· 5 years experience managing large budgets through contractors and vendors while completing under budget.
· Experience driving high quality construction. Setting and enforcing standards to drive a high quality product for your customers.
- MS or PhD in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering; Construction Management or related technical field.
- 5 years experience managing complex, multi-group, multi-disciplinary projects.
- Experience with datacenter equipment/environments, including switch gears, generators, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, controls, security monitoring systems, fire safety systems and working understanding of start-up/commissioning processes.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and understanding of standard practices in the design and construction industry, including knowledge of fast track design build processes and associated documents and contracts of preferred.
- Knowledge of large scale facility electrical and mechanical systems.
- Direct experience with Data Centers is a Plus. CDCP certification is also a welcome addition.
- Experience with LEED standards.
- Demonstrated skills in requirements gathering, resource organization, and task prioritization, scheduling, and achieving objectives on schedule within budget.
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
Amazon.com - 2 years ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...