Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) is the worlds leading provider of All Programmable technologies and devices, going beyond traditional programmable logic to enable both hardware and software programmability, integrate both digital and analog mixed-signal functions, and allow new levels of programmable interconnect in both monolithic and multi-die 3D ICs. The companys products are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to service a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration.
Xilinx chips are designed into automotive infotainment and driver safety, ultrasound imaging, robotically-assisted surgical systems, IT gear for wireless computing and mobile applications, consumer 3-D TVs, mobile communications used on the networked battlefield - and even sophisticated space vehicles exploring the outer reaches of the universe.
The Senior Linux System Administrator will be responsible for providing complex technical support to the Engineering organizations at Xilinx. This position will be required to support and improve complex Linux and storage solutions in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Provide third level Linux/Unix technical support to the Engineering organization.
- Accept, resolve and close technical tickets for the Engineering support queue.
- Assist in troubleshooting semi-complex and complex technical issues.
- Assist in day to day maintenance of the Engineering infrastructure, including Linux/Unix system builds, system upgrades and data migrations.
- Provide innovative solutions to complex problems
Education : Bachelor's degree
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of training users in complex topics, and interacting positively with technical management.
- Independent problem-solving and troubleshooting in complex networked Linux environments.
- Ability to understand complex IT infrastructure in an Engineering focused environment.
- Comfortable with most aspects of Linux operating system administration; for example, configuration of local e-mail systems, system installation and configuration, printer systems, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software.
- Has a solid understanding of Linux and UNIX-based operating systems; understands paging and swapping, interprocess communication, daemons, devices and what device drivers do, filesystem concepts (inode, clustering, logical partitions). Understands the Linux boot and configuration process. Understands the difference between the kernel and the user environment.
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; can configure NFS and NIS; understands DNS; understands basic routing concepts; understands basic LDAP principles; can troubleshoot NFS issues such as removing a stale NFS file handle without rebooting.
- Familiarity with support of RedHat Linux, kickstart and PXE environments. Can support, maintain, improve and troubleshoot the related technologies.
- Ability to write and support scripts in some administrative language (Perl, Python, or a shell).
Experience: 5+ years of experience in Linux/Unix and in storage.
Other desired skills
- Advanced Unix (Solaris, AIX) administration experience a plus.
- Experience with virtualized environments is a plus.
- Experience with VMware is a plus.
- Windows administration experiences a plus.
- Network Attached Storage experiences a plus. Additional Details Applicants are treated throughout the employment process without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. The information requested here is not gathered for employment decisions. It is used only for compliance with Federal laws. Your responses are strictly voluntary, and any information provided will remain confidential. If you choose not to "self-identify", you will not be subject to any adverse treatment. Currency USD * Vacancy Type Employee
Xilinx - 13 months ago
Xilinx is programmed to give you control. The company is a top supplier of field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) and complex programmable...