Lead category insights & category management work and identify key opportunities across Eye Care category to deliver improved key metrics for both Alcon and retailers at top retailers. Candidate could be based in either Boston, MA or Chicago, IL.
- Lead category strategy development, working with key members of the sales and brand team, including the identification of opportunities across POG, distribution and promotional activities for assigned channel/ customers.
- Co-lead strategic planning presentations with National Account Managers and execution of category management plans.
- Identify insights across eye care category to enable annual planning process internally for top retailers.
- Lead category strategy development and provide insights on-going for key decision-makers at retail customers (Buyer, Sr. Buyer, VP/ DMM)
- Develop and execute planograms to deliver fair share of shelf to Alcon and optimize category sales for retailer
- Conduct on-going promotional analysis to identify the optimal spending opportunities to drive sales of Alcon products at retailer
- Analyze product assortment of core eye care segments and provide on-going insights to retailer regarding the optimal assortment to deliver sales and profit growth
- Understand all core retailer metrics and develop monthly/ quarterly reporting with retailer to monitor progress vs. all KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Project management.
- Strong leadership.
- Strong experience using shelf management software (Prospace, Intercept, Spaceman)
- Analytical experience with IRI and/or Nielsen data, and ability to use analysis to make strategic recommendations.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Cross functional leadership skills.
- Proven leadership capability, category insights thought leader and innovator/ executor of creative ideas.
- Proven track record of delivering business results.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as member of cross functional teams.
- OTC/ Professional Influenced Product Category
- Prior experience as category captain/ partner at top retailer.
Minimum Required: BA/ BS
Preferred Level: MBA
Minimum Required: 5 years of sales experience, at least 3 in category insights/ management.
Prior experience as category captain/ partner at top retailer.
Preferred Level: 8 years of relevant category insights/ sales experience in consumer packaged goods: at least 4 years of category management/ insights/ shopper marketing.
Novartis - 22 months ago
Novartis AG, incorporated on February 29, 1996, is a Switzerland-based holding that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the research,...