At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company’s growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.
A group company within NTT DATA currently seeks a Business Analyst to join our team in Montpelier, VT.
Position Functions or Responsibilities:
Analysis and Solution Definition
- Provides subject matter expertise regarding the business area’s issues, data challenges, process, policy and general needs required to operate current and future business.
- Understands the current technology applications used at to support assigned Business Area or function. Understands how current systems store data and apply business rules to support the business.
- Provides data analysis and reporting using reporting applications (MS Access, Crystal Reports or Data Warehouse reporting applications) to support project requirements and analysis of data.
- Understands and identifies cross functional business area impacts and coordinates across business units to ensure issues and requirements are thoroughly defined.
- Identifies business area’s strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
- Documents, reviews and edits business requirements, business rules, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Evaluates vendor application solutions when appropriate to ensure current and future business needs are met.
- Works jointly with technical resources to create and review functional and technical design documents to meet business needs.
- Coordinates peer review of documentation and design when applicable to ensure the design meets the business needs.
- Participates as an active member of project teams or work groups to provide business analysis and subject matter expertise for proposed solutions.
- Completes assigned project tasks according to project schedules. Proactively identifies issues related to the quality, timeliness or budget of the project and communicates solutions to Business Unit Owner or Project Manager.
- Accountable to the Business Unit Owner and/or Project Manager and responsible for overall quality delivery of a solution that meets business needs.
- Prioritizes multiple tasks effectively.
- Documents and delivers training to other business area staff when appropriate.
- Follows Project Management Methodology (PMM) and completes required templates for project documentation.
- Participates in the definition of test strategy including unit, acceptance, parallel and regression cycles.
- Defines test conditions and test cases.
- Documents Use Cases.
- Defines acceptance criteria for solution acceptance.
- Defines and coordinates data requirements for testing and refresh schedules with IT Operations Staff.
- Thoroughly conducts testing according to defined plan. Acts as primary business resource tester for assigned testing phases.
- Identifies and documents system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
- Documents test case results and provides summary of results to Business Unit Owner and/or Project Manager.
- Defines regression test plans and schedules to ensure quality of final versions of software.
- Reviews test plans and results with Quality Assurance and Audit resources when applicable to ensure quality of test outcome.
3 years Business Analysis - Domain Knowledge - Healthcare and Life Sciences
3 years Business Analysis - Requirements Gathering
3 years Business Analysis - Requirements Management
2 years Health Insurance
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world, with operations in more than 40 countries. The 6th largest global IT services...