The Division of Behavioral Health (DBH) has an exciting opening in the Quality Assurance Unit. The position is located in the Department’s Central Office in Boise.
This announcement will be used to fill the current vacancy in Boise only. If you have previously applied for Human Services Program Specialist and wish to be considered for the current vacancy, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
Pre-Admission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR)
- Work collaboratively with the Division of Medicaid to manage aspects of the Pre-Admission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) process. For information about PASRR you can visit the PASRR Technical Assistance Center ( www.PASRRassist.org ) or review the interactive flowchart located here: http://www.ptac.dreamhosters.com/resources/preadmission-screening-resident-review-0 .
- Review all PASRR records submitted to the Division of Behavioral Health and make mental health determinations for people prescreened by nursing staff during the Level 1 PASRR Process.
- Responsible for completing PASRR Level II – Mental Illness Evaluations. This includes reviewing preadmission screening paperwork and determining if a Mental Health diagnosis warrants specialized services.
- Communicate mental health determinations to the Division of Medicaid and other necessary entities to facilitate appropriate care for individuals.
Planning and Coordination
- Plan and conduct qualitative evaluations of DBH PASRR activities to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, procedures and policies.
- Collect and analyze PASRR data through the use of onsite interviews, records reviews, or computer systems.
- Review mental health programs for efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with DBH requirements and/or Federal requirements.
- Prepare comprehensive written reports detailing the results of completed audits/reviews and assist with development of corrective action plans.
- Consult on quality assurance issues and develop solutions.
Technical Assistance and Training
- Coordinate development and implementation of a DBH special projects (e.g., PASRR).
- Develop programs, policies, and implementation methods for DBH special projects (e.g., PASRR).
- Compile and analyze data and information to identify program and services needs and resources.
- Identify policy and regulation issues, conduct research, and provide findings in a concise written format.
- Consult on problems and develop resolutions (e.g., PASRR).
- Responds to inquiries and advises on mental health issues (e.g., PASRR).
- Develop and disseminate information on new technologies, service delivery models, improved practices, and research findings.
- Assess training needs and develop and present training programs for service providers.
- Some travel is required.
- Licensure as a mental health clinician in the State of Idaho (e.g., LPC, LCSW, LCPC, LMFT). Licensure must be obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Experience working in a clinical behavioral health setting.
- Considerable knowledge of social, psychological, or rehabilitative services, principles, and methods.
- Experience working with public social/rehabilitative service delivery systems.
- Experience planning, implementing and overseeing a community-based social/rehabilitative service program to include community organization.
There is an exam for this position to determine an applicant's eligibility. Click the "Preview Exam" button below to review the exam. You must receive a score of 70 to pass this exam. If at any time during the screening/testing process your responses or resume do not support the answers you provided, your name will be removed from the register.
Idaho Division of Human Resources - 14 months ago