We are currently seeking an individual for the Quality Control Tech I position in our Northern Middle Tennessee location. The potential candidates for this role must be enthusiastic, have an uncompromising emphasis on safety excellence and will have responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
Rogers Group, Inc. is An Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are Encouraged to Apply
- Self-motivator and work without constant supervision.
- Ability to perform asphalt quality control testing per TDOT specifications at a lab facility. These duties will include, but are not limited to, hot mix asphalt sampling, testing, mix design and all other relevant procedures per TDOT specifications.
- Safely and efficiently collect samples for testing.
- Set-up, operate and maintain nuclear density gauges for asphalt compaction.
- Perform construction materials test procedures and operate and maintain testing equipment as directed and trained.
- Perform sampling, testing and reporting procedures according to established protocol, having the ability to test construction material samples and recording test results in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform asphalt coring operations for density and investigation as necessary.
- Perform daily housekeeping operations and maintain a clean lab environment.
- A high level of mathematic skill is necessary, along with competency on a computer.
- Operate testing equipment and company vehicles in a proper and safe manner.
- Perform job tasks in accordance with industry best practices and requirements of the equipment (lifting, carrying, sitting, walking, and climbing).
The company provides on-site service with almost 50 field vehicles ready to move 24 hours a day, 365 days a year with emergency parts and...