This is the key process development and management layer within the Contribution Management organization. The Director, Contribution Management will develop and enforce sound and consistent Yield Management processes, including use of systems and tools, across the entire Contribution Management organization. The Director is responsible for building and maintaining a relationship with the respective Regional Vice President to ensure that their business needs are meet. They will recruit, develop and lead a team of Contribution Managers that will oversee end to end yield management for the full portfolio of products in their respective region/regions.
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding revenue and market targets/metrics for their respective region/regions.
- Develop a business partnership with the Regional Vice President for the respective regional area to ensure their needs for forecasting, pricing, yield management and fleet distribution are met.
- Establish critical KPIs for the department. Monitor trends by user and geography, and initiate investigation into gaps and deficiencies highlighting breakdowns in key processes which may have occurred. Formulate and execute action plans to continuously improve overall performance.
- Enhance knowledge of the end-to-end Contribution Management and process; ensure the application of sound and consistent Contribution Management processes to all levels of decision-making across the entire organization (including Operations, Marketing, Commercial and Travel Industry Sales, International Pricing and Revenue Management and other key functional areas).
- Develop processes which effectively bridge the gap between other areas within the Pricing and Yield Management organization including Pricing, Inbound Pricing, Value Brand, Emerging Platform Analytics, and Corporate Analytics. Ensure key findings and initiatives developed within these other areas become formalized parts of the overall Contribution Management process.
- Facilitate training of staff under their direct and functional control, focusing on business partnership, full understanding of the Contribution Management process and systems functionality.
- Monitor usage of the Contribution Management System, Decision Point, RAM, and other key systems by all involved in the Contribution Management process to ensure all key processes are being followed and actions implemented in a timely fashion. Recommend improvements, modifications, and changes to better reflect the business needs and the future direction of process improvements. Support development as a key end-user in working with our outside CMS vendor, PROS Revenue Management on these issues.
- Take an active role in formal monthly (remotely) and bi-yearly (face-to-face) Contribution Management reviews for each region, focusing on Contribution Management processes and training.
- Closely monitor supply-side actions (Acquisition/Rotation) to ensure proper strategic planning across all horizons; manage the over-laps between Contribution Management and Fleet Planning processes.
- Hires, develops, retains and manages productive and effective Contribution Managers.
- 7-10 years experience in Contribution or Yield Management revenue optimization strategies in car rental or related travel and transportation industries
- Experience managing people within a complex, demand/supply planning environment
- Proven ability to develop business partnerships
- Previous experience managing and developing teams
- Process innovation and development; management via KPIs, business process redesign
- Knowledge of revenue optimization and forecasting systems, processes, and strategies (ideally familiarity with PROS Revenue Management and their systems)
Preferred Requirements :
- Strong Leadership skills and ability to build business partnerships
- Excellent computer skills is essential (advanced excel, planning/forecasting tools)
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong skills in large scale project management
Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Apply for this job:
Your application choices are:
- Apply for this job online
- Email this job opportunity to a friend
- Add this job to your Social Network!
Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate and...