Ensures highest quality standards of Housekeeping are maintained for our guests, Company, and the National Park Service. Assists Room Attendants in cleaning and heavy duties connected with the upkeep and readying of guest accommodations with attention to details and giving your personal best in service.
Performs any combination of the following tasks to maintain hotel, lodge or motor inn guest accommodations and public areas in a clean and orderly manner: picks up soiled linens and sorts and prepares for linen truck; receives clean linens from linen truck daily and assists in unloading; checks amounts and transfers load per required pars to the various linen closets and central linen room; picks up trash from wastebaskets or receptacles in guestrooms and hauls to trash area for compactor truck pick up; and properly stocks linen closets and housekeeping carts with needed linens, cleaning and room supplies. Does the heavy cleaning in rooms, porches, walkways, and hallways and may be assigned cleaning duties in employee dormitories and recreation rooms.
Cleans public restrooms and in the case of motor inns, the public shower rooms and surrounding areas.
Cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using vacuum cleaner, brushes, and shampooing machines.
Washes and polishes floors by hand or machine.
May pick up soiled linen from employee dormitories.
Receives and checks-in housekeeping supplies from the Central Warehouse truck and signs receipt.
May wash walls, ceilings, woodwork, metal work, windows and venetian blinds.
May hang draperies.
May set up rooms for conventions, sales meetings, banquets and social functions inclusive of decorations, amplifying equipment, furniture and other apparatus.
May assist room attendants with room make-up and cleaning. (see job description, Room Attendant) On evening shift, will stock housekeeping carts and closets with linen, full bottles of cleaning supplies, amenities, etc. so room attendants can be ready to go first thing every morning.
May be required to provide turn down service in the evenings.
Will do lobby porter functions approximately one day per week.
May render personal assistance to room guest if in line of duty.
Adheres to all Company policies and regulations.
Adheres to strong environmental and safety ethics by following the standards set forth in our environmental and safety programs.
Assists other departments or with other job duties as assigned.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Commitment to the quality Housekeeping Standards learned during the training period.
- Must be able to handle guest concerns in a professional and tactful manner.
- Must be able to lift heavy bundles of linen, sometimes up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to relate with guests in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Must be organized, with an eye for detail.
- Must complete mandatory training period after arrival at appointed location.
- The Housekeeping Manager, Asst. Housekeeping Manager, Lead Room Attendant or other Housekeeping representative will provide training which will include the review of the Housekeeping Manual, and the understanding and training in HOW-WHAT-WHEN-WHY use of approved/authorized detergents, chemicals in the daily cleaning of guest accommodations, bathrooms and public areas.
Guest accommodation and public areas of a historic hotel/motor inn.
Job requires constant walking, bending, lifting, stretching and moving, including climbing staircases.
Glacier Park, Inc. (GPI) is an independent hotel operator in the Glacier National Park area and the city of Whitefish in Northwest Montana....