Assists in Managing assigned operational functions consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department, and the division.
Assists with monitoring fiscal budget and operations to produce both short term and long term profitability.
Supports the delivery and measurement of guest service consistent with the company’s core values, service standards and brand attributes.
Provides input into the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure a competitive position and in anticipation of changing guest needs within the dynamic hospitality environment.
Manage Human Resources responsibilities to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment and compliance with company policies.
Involved with the creation and implementation of departmental policies, procedures, and service standards.
Conduct daily briefings and schedules meetings with all Tower services Attendants.
Have operational knowledge of Tower Services Cleaning equipment, including but not limited to: Buffer, CFR, and Extractor.
Ensure the cleanliness of all suites, hallways, lockers, and Public Areas.
Complete suite status reports in the morning and afternoon and forwards them to the Tower Services office.
Counsel and discipline employees that violate department policies, practices or procedures through progressive discipline guidelines.
Respond to emergency situations.
Report any needed repairs and prepares service call requests for maintenance.
Creates and Analyzes spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel.
Uses computer systems such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to create memos, presentations, and spreadsheets.
Develop and maintain training program to include: new employees, service, safety, quality, and re-training.
Maintain property inventory control, including establishing par levels and re-order as needed, in line with department budgets
Perform other job related duties as requested.
- At least 2 years previous Housekeeping Supervisory experience with a luxury (minimum of 4 Diamond/4 Star) hotel property.
- Possess the knowledge of all cleaning procedures, equipment, supplies, and OSHA Regulations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Experience in the creation and implementation of departmental policies, procedures, and service standards for a similar environment.
- Knowledge in the implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures in regards to safety guidelines, proper chemical usage, handling of BIO-HAZARD materials, injury prevention etc.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 19 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...