EchoStar is looking for a Senior Technician that will support the EchoStar Satellite Access Center by providing customer support, access management, payload management, interference resolution, and bandwidth booking.
Headquartered in Englewood, CO, EchoStar is a billion dollar company with over 5,000 employees worldwide and more than 25 years of experience designing, developing and distributing award-winning television set-top boxes, services and related delivery products for television. EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and digital TV solutions that enhance today's home entertainment lifestyle. It’s wholly owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, delivering innovative network technologies and managed network services for enterprises and governments in more than 100 countries.
Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet®, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded® technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System.
- Support customer calls for space segment access, bandwidth booking request, or customer circuit discrepancy notifications.
- Use tools to ensure correct access and carrier configuration for quality and bandwidth management
- Manage space segment for adherence to policy, transmission plans, and duration limitations.
- Correct interference and other space segment related issues
- Document, train, and report activity via reporting tools.
- Must be aware of resource configuration(s) at all times during the shift.
- Perform daily checks of the health of equipment and space-to-ground link segments.
- Support full time customer services provided by teleport
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of experience with RF Engineering in the Satellite industry
- Ability to adhere to policies and follow procedures
- Ability to generate MCPC & SCPC teleport carriers
- Uses the following types of equipment & resources preferred (not all inclusive): spectrum analyzer, Satellite integrated receiver decoders, windows based pc, and client based computer resource scheduling software
- Must possess excellent communication & interpersonal skills, written & verbal
- Customer service oriented.
- Operations is a 24x7, 365 days a year environment.
- Shift work is required and may require weekend and/or holiday work.
- Environment requires significant amount of console work where employees will support customers via the telephone.
- Environment can be fast paced and employees may need to multi-task or change tasks with no notice.
- Medical, Health Savings Account, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending options and Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Training opportunities
- FREE DISH Network Satellite TV System and Programming
- FREE Hughes Network Service
- 50% Discounts on Sling technology and service
- Corporate discounts for retail and personal travel
- Opportunity for a level of responsibility that could take years to reach in other companies
EchoStar - 18 months ago
EchoStar provides satellite services for video transport and digital cinema distribution. Whether delivering multichannel digital services...