Under the general supervision of the Manager of the Department perform routine duties as it relates to the financial condition of prospective borrowers. Service and maintain the financial information of the existing commercial loan customer base within the lending departments as instructed by the Bank. May be required to assist commercial loan officers on a limited basis. You may have other duties and responsibilities necessary to the overall function of Mountain West Bank’s loan policy & procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The commercial loan analyst will assist loan officers as instructed in the following areas
• Analyze borrower’s financial statements and tax returns as presented for loan requests, which includes but not limited to, common size the balance sheet and income statement, cash flow analysis, trend analysis, reconciliation of net worth, projections and other reports as requested.
• Analyze loan data on new, renewal and existing loans, including data provided by credit bureaus, other financial institutions and any other loan files.
• Prepare, in written form, a presentation of the borrower’s loan request as outlined in MWB’s loan policy or as it pertains to SBA SOP Manuals.
• Input the borrower’s financial statements, tax returns into the Moody’s spread system according to MWB’s standard customer format.
• Prepare, as requested, loan documentation per loan officer instructions.
• Have the ability to use and interpret financial spread systems from data entered from the borrower’s financial statements or tax returns.
• Analyze financial statements and prepare comments regarding the borrowers ability to repay.
• Analyze and research the value of collateral securing the loan per the Bank’s loan policy or the SBA SOP policy.
• Be knowledgeable of cash flow analysis, including but not limited to the Uniform Credit Analysis formats and/or the SBA Form 4i.
Commercial Loan Officer Support
• Assist loan officers in cash flow analysis and other financial analysis tools as requested.
• Collateral Valuation, using documented sources such as the Internet, auction reports, publicized books, etc.
• Interview borrower as requested
• Provide technical advice and assistance to loan officers as needed, for the Moody’s spread system
• Responsible for past due collections of loans as assigned by loan administration committee or the department manager.
• File maintenance as instructed. Become familiar with internal customer based programs (Jack Henry)
• Update financial statement analysis as required per the borrower’s business loan agreement or SBA loan authorization.
• Monitor borrower’s financial condition or covenants as required.
• Report any borrowers deteriorating financial condition to the department manager immediately.
• Close loans according to rules and regulations established by banking laws and/or the SBA loan agreement and authorization.
• Become knowledgeable of all banking and/or SBA laws and regulations.
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals
• Ability to use Microsoft Word & Excel
• Skilled on computer use
• Good written and oral communications skills
• Good customer service skills
• Attention to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; and ability to adjust focus.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. - 16 months ago