Job Title: Marketing Supervisor
Reports to: Division Manager or Marketing Manager
Purpose: Field Position to train and support agents, market the company products and manage the servicing of existing business in an assigned territory.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Increase market share by:
• Recruiting and contracting qualified new agents.
• Training new and current agents about marketing techniques, products, services, and rules/regulations.
• Developing and implementing strategies to stimulate sales.
• Maintaining regular and frequent communications with farm groups, agriculture organizations, etc. May coordinate and speak at farm meetings.
• Communicating company policy and procedures to agents.
• Communicating territory issues to division management.
Perform administrative duties including:
• Investigating and resolving complaints from agents/insured in an assigned territory.
• Aiding in collection of outstanding premium balances.
• Supervising and training Field Representative and Insurance Specialist, if any, assigned to the territory to assure that the job responsibilities are accomplished in accordance with company procedures.
• Attending industry sponsored seminars, field days, etc. at the direction of division management.
Assists with other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to recruit and train agents.
Knowledge of the agricultural industry, including an understanding of the kinds of crops produced in the territory; agricultural issues.
Knowledge of or the ability to learn Rain and Hail’s products, services and systems.
Knowledge of or willingness to learn the products, underwriting and policy rules and regulations associated with the Multiple Peril Crop Insurance program, crop-hail program, Agri Business program and the other insurance products offered by the company.
Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
Ability to effectively communicate and maintain business relationships with Company personnel, outside resources and customers.
Ability to use the Company’s terminology, procedures and systems.
Ability to use department equipment.
Ability to perform basic and complex mathematical calculations.
Ability to drive a vehicle and maintain a valid drivers license.
Ability to remain calm and professional during peak periods of activity.
Ability to work from oral and written communication.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to travel away from home for extended periods of time and on short notice.
Willingness to relocate to another division if requested.
Ability to assist in other work-related areas as required.
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Baccalaureate degree in Agricultural Business or related field required with 3-5 years of crop insurance marketing and/or service experience.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of the job duties and requirements associated with this job, but is intended to represent an accurate reflection of the current job.
The ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides...