Position: SVP, Director of Measurement & Analytics
For a strong marketing analytics executive interested in a dynamic, high-velocity environment, this is an ideal opportunity to work closely with a world-class agency, a top-notch management team, an A+ list of global Fortune 500 clients, and to be personally involved in developing and deploying unique, state of art tools.
As such, the successful candidate will have real opportunities to make his/her mark in providing analytical/marketing thought leadership through the creation of new proprietary marketing strategy, planning and accountability methodologies and tools and subsequently delivering them through client engagements. This is a critical role and will be well-positioned within the company for future career growth.
The senior level marketing analytics professional should preferably come from the agency, vendor or consulting side, and must bring strong analytic, ROI, marketing mix, optimization skills across the different marketing disciplines. He/she should have a proven highly credible record as a "thought leader” in marketing analytics, ROI, optimization, data-driven marketing strategy and analytics. The individual needs to have expertise in developing measurement and data driven strategies across all the stages of the marketing funnel. The role will be responsible for evaluating and managing external vendors for specific analysis projects and implementation of tools and methodologies.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Marketing Tools – this role will include recommending actionable marketing methodologies and tool that can be rolled out broadly across the company's client.
- Partner Interface – This person will work with the different McCann companies leadership that include PR, digital promotions and events, CRM, Digital, general advertising, brand management. It is essential for the candidate to have a working knowledge and experience working with different marketing disciplines.
- Thought Leadership – Clients are typically CMOs, Business Unit Marketing Heads, or senior executives responsible for customer acquisition and retention. We are seeking someone with prior client side and/or marketing analytics experience and the ability to quickly develop the confidence and rapport with major clients. The candidate must have the ability to conceptualize client needs and develop methodologies and tools
- Client/Project/Team Management - Responsible for project design and development as well as day-to-day project management of initiatives. The position will have reporting to it a team of marketing professionals that will assist in the creation, building and implementation of client projects
- New Business Development – This individual will contribute to new business development by participating/presenting in client pitches, speaking at major conferences, writing and publishing "white papers” and articles on innovations and best practices in analytics
We are seeking an exceptional candidate with a minimum of 10+ years of prior successful marketing analytics experience. Strong database analytical/technical skills are a must, including statistical, predictive and economic analyses, data modeling, and other similar database skills. S/he will be "add value” to client relationships through (1) designing and leading major digital analytics, marketing mix/optimization/funnel measurement/ database/ analytical/ segmentation/data modeling projects; (2) leading efforts to quantify and segment customer value, and to identify key drivers of marketing demand and effectiveness, and (3) participating in the design and implementation of proprietary tools and methodologies
The successful candidate will be a mature individual, comfortable in an aggressive, demanding environment. This candidate will be capable of balancing the demands of sustaining margins while fostering a strong client service orientation, and should be mature enough to gracefully comport his/herself in a complex, political situation.
Additional Attributes :
- Previous Marketing Analytics Consulting Experience: Successful experience in marketing analytics services company including a proven track record of serving Fortune 100 client relationships.
- Strong Analytical/Technical/Modeling Skills - Strong marketing analytics experience and credentials. Especially strong experience related to digital analytics, ROI, funnel analytics, drivers of marketing effectiveness, CRM, customer lifetime value and profitability, customer satisfaction studies, and direct marketing campaign/channel marketing effectiveness (i.e., direct mail, web, DM media, and telephone).
- Qualitative and Quantitative Data – Extensive experience working with qualitative and quantitative data. Familiarity with critical secondary data sources including data from IRI, Nielson, Acxiom, Claritas etc. Prior experience is designing and evaluating market research studies is a plus.
- Leadership and Team Building Skills – An inclusive, hands on leadership style with proven experience leading, motivating, developing and inspiring a team of research and analysis professionals.
- Excellent Communication Skills – Outstanding oral/written and communication and presentation skills; proficiency in preparation and presentation of analytical reports and documents regarding operational status, achievement, and performance.
§ Innovative, creative thinker
§ Thrives in relatively ambiguous situations
§ Political astuteness and sensitivity
§ Influencer, not controller
§ Great listener/quick study
§ Team and collaborative orientation
B.S. or B.A. degree is required.
Advanced degree (MBA or Masters Degree in Business, Marketing, Statistics, and Math) is preferred.
We will offer an attractive compensation package including base incentive bonus and a complete package of company benefits.
Digital Analytics Association - 3 years ago