The Senior Specialist will be the regional or location subject matter expert for technologies in the environment and will provide technical support and/or training to Site Support Specialist. Position responsible for the monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of all IS solutions at supported Office or Advanced Logistics Center location(s). IS solutions supported include (but not limited to) network appliances, wireless devices, telephony equipment, mobile devices, radio frequency guns, desktop hardware, software and related peripherals.
The role of Senior Specialist, Site Support will also provide 2nd level support to end users that cannot be resolved by 1st level support (Client Services Desk) and enable Moves, Adds and Changes to the environment. They will maintain operating efficiency by working with end users of all IS solutions and provide support service aligned to defined service level agreements (SLA) and to ITIL standards.
The Senior Specialist may be the only Site Support representative at some locations and will be required to manage all aspects of the IS environment and report directly to the Senior Manager, Site Support.
The expertise of the individual will:
- Monitors, troubleshoots and maintains a) network (LAN, WAN, Wireless, VOIP, RF) and network equipment (multiplexers, hubs routers, and RF devices) b) Voice and Telecom technologies (PBX, video conference, and telephones) and c) Desktop technologies (Operating System, Windows, Apple, Remote access, Unified Communication Services and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure)
- Provide troubleshooting assistance to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications and systems used as location, such as Impulse, SAP, warehouse management system, material handling system and configuration center equipment.
- Installation and support of Servers, PC hardware, RF devices.
- Adds and removes users from lists of approved users
- Create and manage working database of IP assignments, Network and user devices and equipment inventory information
- Implements standards in compliance with IS Security standards
- Accomplished Global Site Support mission by completing required duties to high quality standard and within SLA.
- Ensures all time and work effort for incidents and tasks are recorded in the ticketing system.
- Identifies and support operational objectives and procedures by conferring with managers and employees to evaluate input and output requirements.
- Prepares and support users by writing and maintaining documentation that provide help to answer questions and resolve problems.
- Proactively improves current systems by studying practices, procedures and problems and designing modifications.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations
- Proactively reduce problem tickets by analyzing data and implementing mitigating actions for common incidents. Trains user community in utilization of self-serve tools & best practices to avoid contacts to Site Support.
- Lead and/or implement small to medium sized technical projects.
- Ensures IS service to end users aligned to Global Site Support strategy.
- Provide 2nd level support to end users that cannot be resolved by 1st level support (Client Service Desk) and enable Moves, Adds and Changes to the environment
- Effectively communicates status and relevant IS-related information to business stakeholders.
III. Behavioral Competencies
Leading and Managing People:
- Works with project, Business Unit and IT stakeholders to establish staff resource needs for analysts, programmers, user personnel, consultants and equipment.
- Has broad knowledge across all business areas to provide requirements to applications support in a manner that conveys detail and understanding of our systems and business needs.
- Obtain agreement on the business needs, as well as functional and technical requirements across all business functions.
- Tracks completion of tasks against published project plans.
- Solicits and readily accepts constructive feedback.
- Presents feedback to others in a tactful manner.
- Addresses conflict directly, confidentially, and appropriately.
- Researches and collects appropriate data points to evaluate options.
- Readily makes recommendations and includes necessary documentation and material to support conclusions.
Develops Innovative Practices
- Identifies new ways to use technology to improve work processes.
Works as a Team Member
- Offers assistance to others and shares information regardless of personal likes or dislikes.
- Enthusiastically participates in cross-functional efforts.
Acts with Integrity & Respect
- Prevents personal conflicts from interfering with his/her objectivity.
- Consistently arrives on time for meetings and appointments.
- Accepts responsibility for the results of his/her decisions and actions.
- Behaves in a way that is consistent with Ingram Micro s values.
- Takes time to thoroughly explain a task or process when training others.
- Gives both positive and constructive feedback.
- Takes ownership/responsibility for finding solutions to problems and implementing them.
- Continually focuses on improving the quality of customer service.
- Bachelor s Degree or technical institute degree/certificate in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
- 3-5 years experience in an IS service delivery organization
- ITIL certification preferred
- Ability and knowledge to talk to customers at multiple levels/all areas of the business to formulate business integration plans.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in local language of site
- Valid passport, preferred
Summarize the minimum kinds of knowledge, skills and abilities required to do this job:
- Working understanding of PBX administration, VoIP, Softphone and CTI technologies.
- Working understanding of Microsoft Windows Operating systems and administration with similar technologies
- Conceptual understanding of design, implementation and administration of current communication technologies
- Working understanding of the current technologies and techniques with LAN design, implementation, and administration
- Working understanding of the current technologies and techniques with desktop support and desktop operating systems
- Conceptual understanding of e-commerce technologies, including SOA
- Working understanding of financial accounting including budget processes
- Working understanding of general business operations including sales, finance, operations, and purchasing
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio and Project
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Solves complex problems where development of new solutions, methods, and systems will result in a major impact on the department s overall success.
- Analyzes problems quickly and develops business solutions to complex problems.
- Must be able to work with multiple supervisors and in a dual reporting relationship environment
- Implements recommendations and see task assignments and see projects through to completion.
- Performs efficient and effective analysis and complete task level activities.
- Analyzes current methods and procedures, recommend and implement improvements.
- Communicates effectively by telephone and in group meetings and discussions. Provides and receives information accurately.
- Daily sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard for over 120 minutes at a time.
- Communicates by telephone for more than 120 minutes on a daily basis.
- Writes using pen/pencil or personal computer keyboard for up to 120 minutes at a time on a daily basis.
- Communicates and is understood by others
- Reads printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
- Distinguishes objects or symbols at 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less.
- Travel, from 1 to 10 days, is required. Must be able to sit on a plane for up to 10 hours at a time
- Must be able to work early morning and late evening hours, when required
EQUIPMENT USED AND NECESSARY:
Mobile device such a Blackberry
Advanced computer equipment
Office environment, with or without air conditioning and fluorescent lighting. May also be required to spend time in a distribution center, without air conditioning. Some geographies may have remote office conditions of lower standards that home country.
RJT Compuquest - 19 months ago