We are looking for a PHP developer to join our team in Boulder, CO. You will build and extend CMS backends, develop internal tools and libraries, integrate with external APIs, build HTML5/CSS3/JS frontends, and more. Your work will span a variety of client websites, often with 2-3 ongoing projects. We’re a small and highly collaborative team of developers. Our work is primarily in the LAMP stack with an emphasis on WordPress and Drupal sites. In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to work directly with designers, project managers, and other developers to build highly customized sites.
This is a permanent, full-time, onsite, and benefitted position.
- 3+ years of PHP development
- Strong debugging skills
- Comfortable writing SQL and working with relational databases
- Can write jQuery for DOM manipulation and AJAX
- Experience cutting up designs into HTML and CSS
- Can explain bugs and solutions to both technical and nontechnical colleagues
- Familiarity with WordPress and/or Drupal
- Experience writing plugins or modules for systems like WordPress, Drupal, etc.
- Experience with an MVC framework like CodeIgniter, Kohana, etc.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs like Amazon S3, Twilio, Google Maps, etc.
- Basic understanding of common web security issues like XSS, CSRF, SQL injection, etc.
- Interest in responsive design and mobile development
- Interest in contributing to open source projects
- Experience with PHPUnit
- Experience building Facebook apps Application
Send us your resume (to jobs [at] vermilion.com), cover letter, and a small PHP code sample or link to github page.
Please name the files prefixed with your last name:
- No phone calls
- No recruiters
- No outsourcing shops