Click here for similar jobs in the IT/Computing category!
Click here for all Sr AV Design Engineer Jobs in Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, Maryland
Click here for all Sr AV Design Engineer Jobs in Maryland
Job Code: 462
Title: Sr AV Design Engineer
Date Posted: February 28, 2012
Job Type: Contract to Permanent
Job Location: Washington-Arlington-Alexandria , Maryland
Senior AV Design Engineer
Active TS/SCI required
The Senior Design Engineer will work with the customer and AV Sales team to fulfill customer requirements from Pre-Sales Design, Post-Sales Design and documentation. The Senior Design Engineer will work directly with the sales team to identify the customers' collaboration needs and requirements while determining a cost-effective Audio Visual Solution.
The Senior Design Engineer should be a highly skilled, customer-oriented designer who will be responsible for developing advanced professional audio/video systems for National Capital Region customers. The position has a heavy emphasis on meeting tight proposal and estimate schedules. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Performing site surveys of new accounts
- Collaborating with sales and estimating teams on providing system design solutions for our customers
- Providing sales and technical staff with technical support on both a pre- and post-sales basis
- Interfacing directly with customers, architects, electrical engineers and sound contractors
- Documenting systems via AutoCAD; speaker layout, schematics, rack risers, one-line diagrams, etc.
- Working with CAD drafters, proving system design expertise for system integration.
- Effectively present technical material to a non-technical audience.
- Design, develop, and implement AV / VTC engineering solutions
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of current and new technologies that company offers.
- Assisting with training internal technical or sales staff on new products.
- Performing AMX, Crestron or Extron control system programming, implementation, and testing for System Integration client projects.
- Contributing to design review and code review as required.
- Bachelor or Associates Degree in Related Field
- Certified Technical Specialist (CTS)
- Certified Technical Specialist - Design or Installation (CTS D/I)
Interested Candidates, click "Apply Now",
- >5 Years experience Designing complex Audio Visual Systems
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks / projects / estimates simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills & ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Extensive design experience with Extron, Crestron, and other commercial AV Manufacturers.
- Broad Design experience with Video Conferencing manufacturers Polycom and Tandberg
- Experience with providing secure / non-secure AV / VTC solutions for DoD customers
- Must have active or be able to obtain a DoD Top Secret-SCI clearance.
- Professional knowledge and experience designing schematics for: Projection Screens, Display Mounts, Ceiling Speakers, Wired Microphones, Equipment Racks, and other Architectural Design Plans
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.
MISource, Inc. - 13 months ago
MISource, Inc., headquartered in Tampa, FL, offers the industry what others cannot,a completely flexible staffing solution. With expertise i...