Bachelor’s degree (engineering, science or business related field strongly preferred)
- 1-2+ years of progressive experience in the field of summer programs, undergraduate admission experience or field of residential programs, event coordination or related field.
- Willingness and availability to work evenings and weekends is a must
Stevens Institute of Technology, a leading national research university located in Hoboken, NJ, seeks an innovative and organized Assistant Director of Summer Programs
for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Main job responsibility will be to as
sist in the direction and coordination of the summer programs that serve the educational, social, cultural, and recreational interests of the students in attendance. The Assistant Director of Summer Programs provides students with opportunities to develop leadership skills and knowledge base in engineering, science, business, pre-med, and multimedia. The position will report to the Director of Summer Programs.
The Assistant Director aids in the selection and training of the program and support staff. Coordinates and maintains standards of excellence for programs. The Assistant Director monitors program budgets, including those covering the program staff and the programming effort. The Assistant Director provides direction for the planning and promotion of program activities, including but not limited to classroom topics, lectures and activities, entertainment, recreational activities and off-campus trips.
- Administrative responsibilities include scheduling and room assignments, budget control, handling contracts with internal and external vendors
- Communicating with student participants, their families and members of the community (Stevens faculty, students, staff, and upper management)
- Assist with interviewing, hiring and training of all Stevens Summer Staff
- Provide, manage and execute schedules of management for the duration of the summer program including staff, class, faculty and activity schedules
- Utilization of organizational, planning and analytical skills, including working on multiple projects with a proven ability to work in high stress, deadline driven environment
The qualified applicant will have demonstrated administrative ability as well as the ability to relate well to high school and college aged students. A commitment to the educational and social goals of the programs is necessary.
Applicant needs to be self-directed, self-motivated, and takes the initiative with projects. Excellent time management skills are also required to meet tight deadlines and changing priorities, while maintaining the highest levels of customer service and level of detail. Some
knowledge of recruitment strategies, including prospective student management, marketing, and targeted recruitment efforts is required.
The assistant director of summer programs also participates in the
reconciliation of expenses and revenues for all summer programs.
Stevens Institute of Technology - 17 months ago