QuarterLine provides professional health care staffing services to military hospitals and health clinics across the United States. We are currently seeking a full-time Clinical Nurse - Endoscopy at Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
The Clinical Nurse - Endoscopy will generally work between the hours of 7:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility.
- Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.
- Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues.
- Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and react quickly in emergency situations.
- Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit specific equipment.
- Work proactively with the Gastrointestinal (GI) Lab team to continually assess patient's discharge planning needs and ensure timely discharge of patient.
- Function independently in administering treatments and procedures, and in using endoscopy equipment.
- Treatments include IV sedation (Conscious Sedation), IV cannulation and therapy (including antibiotics and blood products).
- Procedures include assisting with endoscopy procedures, as needed, pH probe insertion and monitoring, prepping patients for procedures.
- Recovering patients from sedation effects is needed for specific patients (i.e. Patient on isolation precautions are recovered in the clinic).
- Transfer patients to the recovery area and recover patients in the Gastroenterology Recovery Unit (GRU).
- Performs a full range of nursing procedures such as: intravenous fluid administration, oxygen administration, vital signs, specimen collection and other unit specific procedures as prescribed by the provider.
- Completes orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
- Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
- Serves and participates in committees, functions and other meetings as directed.
- Provides relevant and timely information to these groups, and assists with decision-making and process improvement.
- Participates in customer service initiatives, and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services.
- Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives.
- Provide surgical RN services to general surgery and orthopedic patients in an outpatient environment. Nursing care is not limited to endoscopy patients, but this is the highest level of proficiency required of the applicant.
Certification. Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
Experience. Minimum of two (2) years experience as a clinical nurse in the medical/surgical or critical care inpatient setting. Minimum of 1 year of experience in post anesthesia/sedation.
Must possess knowledge in the following:
- Must have knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices, disease process and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience to acutely ill pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients as appropriate. Utilizes the nursing process as a basis for professional practice; a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations; administrative requirements for proper documentation of patients condition including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care; a wide range of medical disorders and conditions as appropriate, as seen in critically ill patients; and preventative health schedules, procedures, processes, and education methods.
QuarterLine is a healthcare services company providing technology, consulting, and clinical solutions to government and commercial customers...