Oldcastle Lawn and Garden
Job Requisition ID: 24600
Job Type: Equipment Operator
Work Time: Seasonal
State: Pennsylvania (US-PA)
Postal/Zip Code: 18951
Do you have a passion for operating heavy equipment?
As an Oldcastle Equipment Operator you will operate heavy equipment while adhering to safety policies and procedures. Have fun at work while being safe.
This position will operate various heavy equipment, such as front-end loaders, knuckle booms, bulldozers, wheel loaders, and all-terrain forklifts, in a rugged multi acre outdoor, paved and unpaved environment. Operators will use this heavy equipment to move bulk material throughout a manufacturing facility, while adhering to safety policies and procedures. Other duties include:
- Read job specifications to determine operator adjustments and material requirements.
- Observe equipment operation to detect machine malfunction.
- Perform routine maintenance to include lubricating, fueling and cleaning.
- Inspect and complete equipment report daily.
- Able to move levers, shift gears, depress pedals and maneuver steering wheel to operator equipment
- 2 years demonstrate experience operating heavy equipment/front end loader
- Must be able to work safely in a busy mulch yard, judging distances and operating equipment with precision
- HS diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Able to read and write in English as well as record and understand numerical values
- Able to sit for extended periods, climb up & down from cab heights, work affectively in extreme outdoor climate(s) - cold, heat, rain, fog
- Ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment, with a proven track record of contributing toward team goals
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
One of our employees says it best… The great thing about Oldcastle is there never seems to be a shortage of opportunities." – Anass
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please take 10 minutes to complete your on-line profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Lawn and Garden is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Oldcastle Lawn and Garden is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 20 months ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...