Assist with architecture, design and reporting abilities for a MS SQL database. Responsibilities include gathering requirements on interfaces, data collections and reporting requirements; Develop database objects and structures for data storage, retrieval and reporting according to project specification; Implement and test database design and functionality, and tuning for performance; Design and develop UI (user interface) and backend database interfaces; Provide consultation and support to business users to ensure the database is satisfying business requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions (greater than or equal to 10% of time):
- Develop and manage complex stored procedures, views, functions, and triggers within a T-SQL environment which is MS SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Develop and maintain index designs and provide high quality T-SQL performance tuning techniques.
- Write complex SQL queries and select statements using various joins and sub-queries using RDBMS principles, database design, and normalization.
- Identify weaknesses in T-SQL code and provide improvements for future releases.
- Develop software and code using a full life-cycle of a software product.
- Work with other software and database development teams.
- Support database administration as needed, including backups/restores, database security, and troubleshooting performance issues.
- Participate in disaster recovery and audit activities.
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Maintain complete documentation of code per department standards.
Assists the IS Director with formulation and deployment of long term strategic planning, including business requirements, project planning, vendor management and allocation of resources.
- Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs
- Work with data analysts by developing and managing a corporate Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Work with data analysts to tune and troubleshoot queries.
May be required by their manager/lead to perform other duties which may be necessary or desirable.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.