Shell Downstream encompasses all the activities necessary to transform crude oil into petroleum products and petrochemicals, and deliver them around the world. Our Downstream businesses refine, supply, trade and ship crude oil worldwide, and manufacture, transport and market fuels, lubricants, bitumen, LPG and bulk petrochemicals for domestic, transportation and industrial uses. Altogether, the organisation employs some 65,000 people in around 100 counties. |
Our Manufacturing business has the capability to process some four million barrels of crude oil per day, and operates in 35 refineries worldwide, producing gasoline, diesel, heating oils, aviation fuel, lubricants and bitumen. Delivering cutting edge technologies, our manufacturing sites contribute significantly to meeting the world’s energy needs.
At Shell our commitment is to satisfy the world’s need for energy with economically, socially and environmentally responsible solutions. We seek a high standard of performance, and understand that great ideas can change the world. If you want to work with a group of creative, ambitious and innovative professionals then you should consider Shell. We will provide you with the resources to put your ideas into action, worldwide opportunities to advance your career, and outstanding benefits and rewards that support your quality of life. Join us and let’s make a real difference together.
The Marine and Inventory Scheduler is responsible for coordination of movements over the dock and/or tank farms under their responsibility. This involves receiving shipping nominations and communication of schedules. The scheduler is responsible for working with shippers, control center, operations, and Supply & Distribution, to help resolve any issues that arise which impact movements on the marine system. Schedulers also work with operations and accounting to help resolve issues related to ticketing, loss/gains, inventories, and invoices.
- Schedules the dock for feed/products discharge/ loadings according to agreed nominations. Ensures right products delivery at the right time to minimise delays, reduce incidental costs (e.g. demurrage costs.),and optimize logistic asset utilization.
- Ensures product availability in the necessary quantities and qualities to meet customer commitments and stock levels. Works with Production Coordinators to take proactive actions to mitigate the effects of early or late arrival of shipments.
- Tracks delivery and makes required adjustments. Supports finance team on mass balancing as required.
- Works closely with the Logistics Optimizer (Rail and Truck Scheduling) to ensure overall coordination of feed and product movements and to minimize shipping conflicts.
- Responsible to communicate the Marine Schedule with Logistics, Dock PICs, and Supply and Manufacturing interfaces and implement it collaboratively.
- Engages in proactive scheduling and mitigation strategies for tank and other equipment outages due to maintenance, project implementation, etc. through routine dialogue with Supply and Distribution and the Site Tank Steering Team.
The Shell Group offers an outstanding benefits package. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in manufacturing or shipping required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with limited guidance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Fuels Manager and Raddical View preferred.
- Strong written, verbal, and organizational communication skills.
Application Deadline :
Friday 22 February 2013
Number of Vacancies :
In addition to the tasks outlined in this job description, you may be assigned other responsibilities as needed. The Royal Dutch/Shell Group of companies offers an outstanding benefits package. In order to be considered for this position, you must complete an online candidate profile. No phone inquiries will be accepted. Shell Companies in the U.S. are equal opportunity employers.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, and...