We’re looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to support our Online Services team. You will be directly responsible for the performance and stability of open source systems at Practice Fusion. Unlike other positions, this one allows you to have a voice in the architectural solutions to guarantee our service levels. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with developers in the implementation of a continuous delivery pipeline, which utilizes Chef. This requires you to have strong technical skills with open source technologies and enterprise systems management.
- Manage open source systems and platforms
- Apply patches and security updates
- Tune for performance
- Ensure recoverability of services
- Provide application lifecycle support
- Leverage Chef to manage configuration changes
- Manage system changes through development, QA and production environments
- Manage consistency of systems and process across VMWare and AWS environments
- Supported platforms include CentOS, Solr, Active MQ, Nginx, TomCat, ZooKeeper, NFS, VMWare and EC2
- First and foremost, attention to detail. Who we choose for this role will be responsible for documenting, augmenting, maintaining a detailed accounting of the environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related discipline
- 4+ years installing, configuring, and supporting Linux servers in an enterprise or online environment
- 2+ years supporting a mission critical online or SaaS application
- Experience with Chef supporting online services preferred
- Experience with Windows, AWS, VMWare and/or enterprise storage solutions a plus