Our mission as DeVry University faculty members is to facilitate dynamic learning environments that foster intellectual curiosity, academic integrity, and critical thinking skills, preparing our students to become lifelong learners and leaders in their chosen career fields and communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effective teaching
- Mastery of coursework
- Proficiency in all learning modalities required by the assignment and the expansion of the breadth of courses taught
- Content expertise
- Willingness to develop proficiency in all applicable learning methodologies
- Participation in capstone assessment in their program
- Participation in appropriate industry Advisory Councils
- Student service involvement, e.g. workshops, student clubs, Technology Day, Student Appreciation Week, tutoring
- University Service involvement, e.g. outreach, Department of Enrollment Management events, University Day, Career Services events
- Proactive student advisement
- Participation in all departmental and programmatic activities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree in the field of teaching or
- Master’s degree outside of the field of teaching and 18 credit hours of Master’s coursework in the field of teaching
- Degrees held from regionally accredited institutes
- RHIA Certification OR RHIT Certification OR Coding Certifications
- Three to five years of business, or industry experience appropriate to the course subject matter
- Previous teaching experience
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
DeVry, Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit...