The Engineering Manager will lead and manage a multi-discipline team of Instrument / Electrical, Civil / Structural, Piping, Mechanical engineers and designers to plan, develop, and execute projects in excess of $1M for a major refiner in the Beaumont/Port Arthur, Texas area.
Required / Preferred Skills:
- Interact with client management for specific project needs.
- Must ensure that all engineering and design activities are carried out to meet project objectives, according to agreed budgets, schedule milestones and quality requirements.
- Must ensure that effective use of work processes, procedures, systems and tools are in place to meet project objectives.
- Must work with the Project Managers, Engineering Leads and Engineering departments to ensure proper staffing is in place to support project schedule, budget and quality requirements.
- Accountable for all technical aspects of the projects to which they are assigned.
- Assist project managers with staffing, scheduling and cost forecasting.
- Report progress to senior management.
- Meet objectives in a safe, productive, and cost effective manner.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
- Multi-discipline capital project management experience.
- Experience managing a multi-discipline group of engineering department heads, engineers and designers to execute projects to meet schedule and budget requirements.
- Bachelor’s Engineering degree in one of the disciplines of either Mechanical, Civil, Electrical or Chemical
- 15-20 years of experience in refining, petrochemical or chemical plants.
- 10+ years of engineering / project management experience.
- Capital / expense project execution experience
- Ability to lead a team to meet project target deadlines
- Understanding of project controls requirements
- Registered Professional Engineer preferred.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., one of the nation's largest engineering and technical services-only companies. With 70+ years of experience supporting government and commercial clients, we have earned a reputation for excellence and outstanding technical and managerial achievements in quality, performance, and safety.
JobHost - 3 years ago