We are looking for a WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR to join our team in Sioux Falls, SD. If you are a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic environment, with the desire to provide outstanding service to the customer we want to hear from you!
Würth Adams specializes in inventory management programs for fastener and related c-products for manufacturing and maintenance customers. Our strengths lie in our people, vendor relations, quality assurance, engineering services and our proven inventory management programs. Würth Adams is a company of the Würth Group. www.wurthadams.com
Supervise and coordinate the activities of Drivers and Material Handlers engaged in Shipping, Receiving, Stocking, Order Filling, Cycle Counting, and other required warehouse activities. Drives site performance (cost, productivity, customer service metrics) and continuous improvement. Serves as the Site Facilities Manager, as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads. Steps in to perform work duties, if needed.
- Assists with design and implementation of work methods and operational procedures for activities, such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Collaborates with all employees throughout the organization to address customer/warehouse related issues.
- Reviews work throughout the work process and at completion to ensure that it has been performed properly.
- Resolves personnel problems, complaints, and formal grievances, when possible.
- Counsels employees in work-related activities, personal growth, and career development, including performance reviews, rewards and recognition, and disciplinary actions. Recommends hires, transfers, promotions or separations.
- Responsible for proper maintenance of warehouse equipment, providing both preventative maintenance programs and all necessary repairs, including coordinating through third party vendors.
- Ensures that the warehouse personnel have safe, efficient equipment in order to perform required functions.
- Responsible for safety procedures in the department and ensuring employees receive effective and timely training in safe work practices and within the regulations of all OSHA local and state regulations. Demonstrates a commitment to health and safety by participating in safety meetings. Observes Safety policies, reports unsafe acts, hazards, and maintains clean and orderly department.
- Ensures that the warehouse is clean and orderly.
- Responsible for coordinating building and grounds maintenance, using department or third party resources, as needed.
- Reviews work processes, recommends measures to improve productivity, equipment performance, and quality of service, and suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency. Implements improvements to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Prior supervisory experience in a distribution/warehouse or logistics role preferred. Material handling and forklift experience mandatory.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license, medical certification, and clean driving record.
- Must possess knowledge of warehouse, transportation and logistics best practices and basic safety practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple people, handle confidential information, manage projects relating to the operation, and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to effectively consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and choose the most appropriate one. Ability to understand and manage an expense budget.
- Experience motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Requires lifting ability of up to 80 pounds. Requires working on concrete surfaces.
Wurth Adams - 15 months ago