This role is a technical business analyst supporting reporting and analytics in the Retail and Direct businesses. It requires experience with and knowledge of Retail and/or Direct business operations and processes as well as MicroStrategy applications.
- Understands critical business processes supporting retail and/or direct business analytics
- Interacts with various levels of the organization to collect and review business requirements
- Creates functional requirements documentation supporting business processes
- Assists in the development of appropriate enterprise level business and technology solutions
- Supports and completes deliverables for functional integration testing, user acceptance testing and provides end user training.
- Occasionally, supports and performs analysis of trouble tickets reported by users
- Interacts with technical resources to translate functional requirements into technology solutions. Has basic understanding of the technology framework supporting the product.
- Communicates and fosters a strong relationship with business unit functional areas
- Understands key software product development concepts including user group meeting facilitation, software development, project management, quality assurance, and software version control.
- Communicates and maintains relationship with Level 1 and Level 2 support organizations to understand quality and support issues for consideration in future software product releases.
- Interfaces with cross-functional teams where system interface activity may occur
- Experience in MicroStrategy Web and Desktop reporting tool functionality
- Experience in leading functional reviews with business area
- Experience in documenting system design documentation from requirement sessions
- Experience in the different phases of the software development lifecycle
- Should be able to demonstrate understanding of different test cycles and tying business requirements to test results
- Knowledge of project development methodology
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead small IT teams and delegate authority for proper direction of projects
- Ability to manage day to day project responsibilities and effectively provide guidance to ensure work efforts are completely timely
- Candidates will be highly analytical with the demonstrated ability to research question and review facts to make accurate decisions in a collaborative environment
- Highly motivated individual who enjoys working on complex projects with various people and skill sets.
- An understanding of International business operations and processes is desired
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office Suite of Tools including Access (Sharepoint, Project and Viso are a plus)
- Understanding of dimensional and/or relational databases
- Four year degree in IT or related business area
- 3 plus years as Business/Applications Analyst
- Skill sets in any of the following areas are a plus:
-SAP BW (v3.5 and above) including Bex and Web Based Reporting, and Broadcast
-Teradata (v12 or above)
Limited Brands, through its high-emotion brands Victoria's Secret, Bath and Body Works, Pink, La Senza and Henri Bendel, is an international specialty retailer delivering lingerie, personal care and beauty products, apparel and accessories to customers worldwide. Our brands are available in more than 2,600 retail stores in the United States, more than 680 international locations, and through our award-winning internet and catalogue channels. Limited Brands, which recorded sales of $10.4 billion in 2011 and employs more than 90,000 associates, was Fortune's 2011 World's Most Admired specialty retailer.
BUILDING A FAMILY OF THE WORLD'S BEST FASHION RETAIL BRANDS
L Brands, through Victoria's Secret, Pink, Bath & Body Works, La Senza and...