Job Title: PRIVACY SAFEGUARDS SPECIALIST/ ANALYST
Privacy Safeguard Analyst will work with government customer as part of a contract team providing support the U.S. Department of Education’s Privacy Information and Records Management Services (PIRMS).
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide support for reviewing and updating Federal Government’s Privacy Act issuances for publication in the Federal Register
• Provide support for monitoring and reviewing Federal Government compliance with privacy requirements of the Federal Information Systems Management Act portion of the E-Government Act
• Supports the development and analysis of information systems used to safeguard sensitive information
• The contractor shall track and monitor PII breach incidents and notification responses. The contractor shall provide monthly and quarterly reports, identifying trends.
• Plans and carries out assignments and develops new privacy database methods, approaches, and procedures for approval by the government
• Periodically interact with management on matters concerning several functional areas including maximum availability of all information systems
Successful candidate MUST have:
• Minimum of two years experience in database administration
• Minimum of one year of Privacy Act and E-Government Act policy and procedure operational experience
• Knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements pertaining to the Privacy Act and the E-Government Act
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a field pertinent to this position or a High School diploma with four years of relevant work experience
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience and demonstrated knowledge of SQL or Oracle RDBMS fundamentals
• Knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements pertaining to the Privacy Act, Federal Information Systems Management Act (FISMA), OMB Memorandum M-07-16, and the E-Government Act, including disclosure prohibitions, access and amendment provisions, and agency recordkeeping requirements
• Experience developing and/or reviewing Privacy Act System of Records Notices (SORNs) and Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs)
• Demonstrated skills in providing written and verbal analyses and recommendations to customers or senior management based on results of candidate’s research and analysis of privacy safeguard statutes, regulations, policies, and issues
• Experience interacting with and supporting the work of federal managers, program, and administrative support staff. Customer-service oriented
• Self-directed, with the ability to determine when guidance should be sought from the client
• Intermediate level knowledge of MS Access, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Project
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AECOM - 4 months ago
Names change, but people always need to build offices, factories, and process facilities. AAC Designer Builders, which does business as Aust...