This position is for a Software Engineering Manager in the Manufacturing Technology organization with responsibilities to manage and improve the software quality and release management functions across the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC). Candidate must have experience with the software development life cycle, familiar with quality assurance processes, methologies, and tools, be familiar with the semiconductor factory systems automation domain, experience with integrating commercial off-the-shelf and internally developed systems, and experience with managing globally distributed of internal and external resourced teams. This position will be located in Malta, New York with International travel requirement.
- Manage the Software Quality Assurance (SQA) and Release Management (RM) function within the larger Manufacturing Technology organization. This includes budget, staffing, performance, goal setting, management reporting, prioritization, and coordination across the organization and global customer base.
- Drive improvements to SQA and RM processes that result in software solutions and services that meet our customers’ requirements.
- Manage and oversee external suppliers to ensure execution and performance to plan.
- Define and maintain 24 month long-range plan for SQA and Release Management.
- Drive decisions for selecting and implementing software tools and technology to enable efficiencies and transparency to the SQA and Release Management functions.
- Build a strong and empowered team that is enabled to drive and implement improvements to processes and tools to minimize waste and improve functional performance.
- Implement and maintain key metrics for improving SQA and RM services.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical domain with 10+ years experience
- Minimum 5 yrs management experience
- Experience with the GLOBALFOUNDRIES Manufacturing Technology factory automation applications and systems preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in effectively within a global matrix team environment.
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 16 months ago