The Parsons Brinkerhoff Tampa, Florida office is currently seeking a motivated senior level Ports & Marine Supervising Engineer to perform project management, engineering and develop contract documents for marine facilities in the Florida and Southeast US region.
The position offers career growth with opportunities to lead and develop technical staff, and work on major ports and marine projects locally, nationally and internationally. Specific duties associated with this position include managing contracts and projects, maintaining client relationships, preparing reports, designs, specifications & construction drawings for the development of various types of marine facilities (e.g. container, bulk, break-bulk, and cruise).
The Ports & Marine division of Parsons Brinkerhoff provides diverse planning and engineering services for the ports and marine sector. Our group comprises highly motivated planners and engineers with a variety of technical backgrounds including civil, environmental, ocean and structural engineering and port planning, working in several key locations across the US. Our strength is derived from the diversity of our marine-related work and our staff.
- Managing On-Call/General Engineering task order driven contracts at ports in the Southeast United States;
- Leading and managing Civil & Structural Engineering designs at marine facilities including site, marine structures, utilities, drainage, heavy duty pavements and permitting;
- Developing and maintaining project scopes, schedules, fees & budgets;
- Project oversight including quality, invoicing, and payment collection;
- Developing detailed reports and contract documents;
- Developing/reviewing estimates of probable construction costs;
- Interacting with clients and maintaining client relationships related to project work.
The successful applicant must have at least 10 years of experience in the southeast United States Ports & Marine market and a minimum of 5 years project delivery experience including leading personnel with diverse backgrounds; The candidate must have the technical expertise to prepare reports and contract documents, excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated experience with project management.
Education & Other Requirements
- A Bachelor's Degree in civil or structural engineering;
- A Florida PE license (or ability to obtain within 6 months);
- Must have legal authorization to immediately work in the United States
- Candidate must currently live in or be willing to relocate to the Tampa, Florida area.
Balfour Beatty - 30+ days ago
Talented? Check. In demand? Check. Handsome? You decide. Check out this Beatty -- Balfour Beatty. The company provides infrastructure and co...