RTIES buyer creates strong customer and peer relationships to ensure on-time delivery of quality parts and services. The ability to handle ambiguity, remain flexible and have a sense of humor along the way will make you, a great fit for our team.
HOW SUCCESS IS DEFINED
- Leveraged vendor relationships to ensure timely delivery within budget.
- Maintained flow of material including outside processing and service as required by production and planning through successful vendor relationships and communication with internal customers
- Participated in physical inventory and cycle counts including conducting counts, count audits and review of variances.
- Reviewed and followed-up new requisitions and open purchase orders on a daily basis to ensure timely placement of order and receipt of materials.
- Maintained and provided updates to supervisor and management team on procurement reporting including open purchase orders, open requisitions, inventory levels, etc through use of SAP.
- Continuously growing technical knowledge of product and services providing timely and accurate guidance to vendors
- Monitors vendor performance in terms of quality, cost, and delivery
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of buying experience (metals and forgings a plus)
- Degree preferred
- Experience with large enterprise system (i.e. SAP, Oracle, JDE, etc)
- Basic understanding or technical knowledge of fabrication, machining, material testing, coatings, and/or NDE preferred