We are looking for a Junior Systems Administrator to help monitor and grow our high transaction system. |
Excellent communication skills are a must.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily system and network monitoring
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis
- Support Development Team with system related requests
- Participate in on-call schedule and occasional after hours support role
- 1 to 3 years of experience administering CentOS or RedHat systems
- Experience with Nagios and other monitoring packages
- Experience with automating tasks
- Shell scripting
- Experience with hardware upgrades and/or replacing failed components
- Troubleshooting TCP/IP and other network related problems
- Deploying systems via KickStart
- Working with Logical Volume Manager
- Mac Desktop support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to commit and follow through on projects and tasks
- Self-starter who is comfortable working with others in a small dynamic environment
This position is full time, salaried and includes benefits. Based in Portland, Oregon.
Relocation assistance available.
Discogs - 18 months ago