PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements. Utilizing specialized ultrasonic equipment, detect abnormalities in specific areas or angles of the body.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES :
· Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
· Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
· Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
· Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Performs clinical assessments using sonographic skills to identify and record appropriate anatomical, pathological, and diagnostic images.
· Adheres to all company policies and practices, and government and regulatory bodies requirements.
· Prepares and positions patients for exam by greeting them, bringing them to the exam room and giving them sufficient time to change into examination gown. Moves the patient while on the examination table for the best results. Is responsible for patient’s safety, mental and physical comfort while in the technologist’s care.
· Records and maintains all records pertaining to the exam. Maintains a daily log of patients seen for billing purposes. Tech needs to maintain daily ultrasound log signing off that each patients images were saved to PACS.
· Documents all findings observed during the procedure and reports to physician for interpretation.
· Maintains a clean and safe work environment and complies with all policy and procedures pertaining to the work environment. Use proper infection control measures-wiping down machine/probe and whatever else the patient came in contact with (chair/stretcher) with approved cleaner (EZ Kill wipes) between all patients and after last patient.
· Stocks exam rooms with medical/surgical supplies, gowns, linens etc… Inspects all equipment and notifies manager of malfunctions.
· When asked give manager input for policy development and update.
· Communicates to manager equipment wear and tear and when requested helps with recommendation for capital purchases.
· Participates in quality and personal improvement programs and meetings e.g. QA on the portal, training sessions, attends quarterly safety/QA meetings. Keeps current on Joint Commission standards and company policy and procedures.
· Ensures timely and accurate completion of patient charts.
· Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to Regional, Divisional and Corporate meetings may be required.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
Graduation for an accredited ultrasound/sonographer program.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
License required: Registered Vascular Tech
One year experience as an Ultrasound Tech/Sonographer.
Good communication skills – written and verbal
Ability to follow direction and is detail oriented
Fresenius Medical Care - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. One of the...