As an Automotive Technician A you would complete standard and complex repairs on gasoline automobiles. You would diagnose and repair engines, transmissions, braking systems, electrical systems (starting, charging and lighting) and all other mechanical problems. You would also perform preventative maintenance activities as needed by the organization. All full time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, 401k and tobacco cessation programs. Employees in this role receive guaranteed work hours and are eligible for our ASE reimbursement program to assist in your professional development.
Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes standard and complex repairs on gasoline automobiles.
- Diagnoses and repairs engine, transmission, braking systems, electrical systems (starting, charging, and lighting) and all other mechanical problems.
- Completes all repairs without technical assistance.
- Acts as a technical expert and resource to the rest of the shop.
- Completes necessary paperwork as required.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities when needed.
- Adapts to varying tasks according to changing volume and business needs.
- Provides occasional work direction during the absence of a shop Manager or Lead Technician.
This position does not have formal supervision responsibilities but may provide guidance to lower level technicians
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of (depends on location) years automotive maintenance experience.
- A minimum of (depends on location) ASE certifications (may consider more experience with less ASE, provided ASE’s can be attained in stipulated time period)
- Previous OEM Dealership experience preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interpret and understand complex documented standards and procedures including repair orders, maintenance, and repair manuals.
- Leadership skills.
- Individual accountability and strong attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform day-to-day physical tasks involving moderately demanding work including: standing, kneeling, crawling, turning, and pushing or lifting moderately heavy objects.
- Must possess all tools required for truck maintenance and repairs.
Minimal travel is required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary, based on job location, department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by location, department, reporting structure or other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.
Avis Budget Group is an EEO/AA Employer
Avis Budget Group - 18 months ago
Whether you're a business traveler on an expense account or a family on vacation counting every penny, Avis Budget Group has a car rental...