GTRI has quickly become one of the leading high-end solutions providers and technology consulting firms in the U.S. We focus on helping clients align IT investments with business strategy, reduce costs, and bridge the technology gap with emerging technologies and their adoption. Our end-to-end consulting solutions address client needs in IT Strategy and Planning, Infrastructure, Convergence, Cyber-Security, Data Storage & Transport, Network Architecture, Systems Management, and Project Management. Our integrated IT solutions help businesses develop their technical architectures, organizations, and core business processes for competitiveness, profitability, and growth.
We have a strong commitment to our values; business integrity and strong ethical practices, complete customer satisfaction, and employee recognition & growth.
THIS IS A PART TIME POSITION. Position will work 25-30 hours a week for approximately 2-3 months. There is opportunity for extension.
We are looking for a technologically adept individual with expertise in Cisco solutions including; Collaboration, R&S, Wireless, Network Security, and Data Center technologies. This individual would have detailed technical knowledge of GTRI’s technology product portfolio and be capable of running core Professional Services projects with little or no assistance to deliver solutions to GTRI’s customers. This candidate will act as a part of the overall engineering team, which includes taking direction from senior architects and overseeing other associate level engineers for appropriate tasks. Advanced and refined documentation, communication and presentation skills are required. In addition to solution delivery tasks this candidate would also be responsible for providing sales support within areas of expertise. All projects must be completed with relentless commitment to quality and clients.
The Network Engineer is responsible for applying GTRI's technical processes to design, deploy, diagnose, and document customer networks.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist with developing statements of work (SOW) and Bills of Materials (BOM) for Professional Services engagements in support of GTRI’s sales organization
- Produce design documentation and as-built documentation with little or no assistance
- Deliver Professional Services relating specifically to Network solutions with little or no supervision on medium complexity projects.
- Achieve & Maintain specific vendor certifications and engineering expertise within the Route/Switch practice area
- Deliver & Document professional services engagements according to GTRI Guidelines.
- Perform network validation testing during project implementations
- Provide clear, concise, and timely communication of projects' status to customers, supervisor, and project managers
- Operate under supervision on large projects; operate independently on small projects
- Achieve professional service billing time goals while working toward continued training advancement
- May supervise associate, interns or mid-level engineers on specific projects
- At least 5 years’ experience performing network design, diagnostics, and deployment experience with top-tier Cisco network products
- Knowledge and expertise in BGP, MPLS, and routing protocols (EIGRP)
- CCIE with Route\Switch specialization or equivalent experience in Route\Switch
- Ability to communicate in written or verbal form at an executive level and articulate business value of technical solutions.
- Ability to troubleshoot and escalate complex engineering problems with little or no assistance.
- Great Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Unwavering commitment to integrity and excellence
- Enjoy solving problems and can see things through to the end
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project environment
- Ability to self-teach in a fast paced environment
- Quick Learner
- 6 years’ experience performing network design, diagnostics, and deployment with top-tier network products
- 6 Years of experience working with one of GTRI’s Strategic Partners
- Multiple CCIE’s
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical major is preferred
Physical/Mental Demands & Environment:
- Must be able to carry 40 lbs. of equipment
- Must be able to stand/work for four or more consecutive hours while carrying laptop during customer projects
Education (Minimum Requirements):
- Bachelors degree technical field or 6 year’s equivalent experience
- Clearance is not required but must be US Citizen due to FOUO regulations.
Global Technology Resources, Inc. - 18 months ago