Textura is the leading provider of collaboration and productivity tools for the construction industry. Our solutions serve owners, architects, general contractors and subcontractors across the project lifecycle – from design and pre-qualification to bid management, submittals and payment – on a single, integrated platform. Textura’s collaboration platform and online product suite represent the first time the industry has all the tools needed to manage their business in an integrated fashion to save time and money and reduce exposure to risks. CNN Headline News said our CPM application may be “the most sophisticated business-to-business Internet-based application in the world.” With award winning SaaS technology, world-class customer support and 100% growth year-after-year, Textura is leading the construction industry’s technology transformation.
As a Linux Engineer, you will assist in developing the next-generation of the company's proprietary software solutions and have the unique opportunity to directly impact Textura's business results.
The role of the Linux Engineer is to design, implement, manage, and support the mission critical infrastructure supporting Textura's SaaS solutions.
- Participate in the design and implementation of complex, Linux based infrastructures
- Interact with development and architecture teams to deliver scalable, secure, and highly available infrastructures
- Plan, script, test, and complete changes to the production infrastructure
- Actively share knowledge and experiences to facilitate the growth of the team as a whole
- Evaluate, define, and document technical standards, processes, and procedures
- Provide off-hours support for server/site issues and escalation
- Document site configurations, network requirements, and infrastructure topologies
- Help ensure implementation and operations adhere to relevant standards and objectives
- Help troubleshoot and resolve recurring infrastructure related issues
- Participate in internal R&D projects that help establish standards and define new service offerings
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related disciplines preferred
- 5+years of experience with Linux OS (RedHat, Scientific, CentOS, etc) in an enterprise environment, preferably in a 24x7x365 web environment
- Experience with Virtual server environments and configuring systems for maximum performance and operating flexibility
- Advanced scripting skills
- Experience with the following technologies: LDAP, load balancers, Postgresql or MySQL, DB2, Tomcat, Twisted, Jboss, Websphere, Puppet, RPM building
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience with kernel performance tuning and analysis on Intel based platforms
- Strong security awareness
- Proven technical leader with solid system administration skills, and the ability to maintain a positive attitude while working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Experience with networking technologies, particularly as they pertain to managing Linux systems and applications running on these system
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Effective interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels within the organization
Textura - 18 months ago