DIRECTV is currently seeking Installation Technicians to join its
Rock Springs/Pinedale, WY
The DIRECTV Installer is responsible for providing excellent customer service through installing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and upgrading satellite television systems and equipment.
For more information on what it is like to be a DIRECTV technician, please review the information below and make sure you complete the required Virtual Job Tryout as part of your application process.
- Plans installations by reviewing work orders, gathering supplies, evaluating location, locating access, formulating wiring plans, and arranging equipment
- Installs and programs equipment
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, repairs, replaces, and upgrades components
- Checks satellite TV systems for correct functionality and optimal performance
- Maintains accurate installation, service, and inventory records
- Ensures adequate supply levels by inventorying stock and communicating needs to warehouse
- Treats customers with respect, courtesy, and professionalism at all times
- Coordinates schedules with customers
- Listens to descriptions of problems, answering questions, and resolving issues
- Communicates the wiring plan and equipment lay-out with customer prior to the installation
- Educates customers by conveying verbal information clearly and concisely
- Follows industry codes, regulations, and standards
- Adheres to policies and procedures while working autonomously
- Maintains a safe work environment by following safe practices and adhering to safety policies, including practicing safe driving techniques
- Acquires and applies information needed for prompt decision making
Refers to and interprets schematics, manuals, and manufacturer's instructions
Updates and improves job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications, and participating in on-going technical training
Supports co-workers and builds positive working relationships with all team members
Meets or exceeds performance goals and quality standards
Meets or exceeds productivity standards by prioritizing tasks and working efficiently
Other duties as assigned
Must meet DIRECTV state-specific minimum age requirement
High school diploma or equivalent required
Must possess a valid driver's license in the primary state of residence
Must be able to speak clearly, concisely, and to communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner
Solid written communication skills required
Must be able to work full time, up to and including six days a week; which may include nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
Must meet company hiring criteria for pre-employment screening, including drug test, criminal background check, fitness for duty, and MVR check
Must be able to obtain all necessary certifications, including SBCA, Service, SWiM, and Ka/Ku, as required
Must be able to expect and embrace change
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and inventory software systems preferred
SBCA and/or other industry certifications preferred
Six months experience in telecommunications, electrical, construction, or related field preferred
Working knowledge of handheld electronics, including smart phones, ipads, etc., preferred
Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds and climb ladders up to 40 feet in length
Must be able to work in tight spaces, including attics and crawl spaces
Must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions, including precipitation and temperature variations
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
An essential duty of the position of Technician is to install satellite dishes with the use of a ladder on customers' homes. The ladders used by DIRECTV have been rated by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to hold a maximum total weight (including tool belt and equipment) of 375 lbs. To allow for the weight of equipment an individual's weight cannot exceed 325 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Us? We’re About You.
You’re probably not here to read about DIRECTV’s Fortune 100 ranking, annual revenue or...